Hello from a new member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member!

Hello everyone, just found this board and joined. I've been fascinated by the Ripper case ever since watching Murder by Decree in the early 80s. My father was a Murder Squad detective in London so growing up in a police environment added to my interest. I myself am a scriptwriter, so have a particular interest in some of the dramatisations of the story over the years, and am looking forward to discussing them here. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, WB!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello and welcome to a fellow newcomer.

Comment

Hi WB,

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you'll have some interesting insights for us. I hope you enjoy the site.

Best,

Cel
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hello WB,

Welcome aboard and may you enjoy your stay. .

Not much that need be dramatised here I am afraid.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Welcome Writerboy. You will make a grand contribution, I'm sure. Look forward to 'chatting' with you.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Yeah, It's been a long time since I was last on the boards and it's gonna show- so please bear with me! Good to see some old faces again- Monty, Caz, Richard N, Natalie to name a few.
              I've been reading through the boards and as usual you're all hard at work with some pretty interesting new/newish theories and some great pictures. I've got so much stuff going through my head about the Ripper, I don't know where to start!

Busy Beaver

Comment

Hey!
                Welcome to the forumns!
                "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Were you called Busy Beaver when you were on the boards before? I can't quite place you.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                  X