Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several points I've thought about

Hey guys,
    I was looking through my copy of The Diary yesterday and was thinking of the things that seem to come together when reading it. Its as if the author was telling us to pay attention to certain things we once overlooked:
    Nichols- the peach reference in the Diary( ripe peach), I was reading a confession of Albert Fish where he compared cannibalism with eating veal- very similar- also the cold kidney, bacon, and carrots references
    Chapman- The envelope with the initials J and M (letter M its true)
    The two pills (the pills....end with the pills) as Maybrick was a heavy pill user
    Eddowes- the v marks on her face forming an M (left my mark)
    The red leather cigarette case which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of her possessions, like the killer left it behind (cigarette case, case)
    Goulston Street Grafitti- Juwes or James? (my funny jewish joke?)
    Its just very eerie what do you guys think?
    Jordan

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was looking through my copy of The Diary yesterday and was thinking of the things that seem to come together when reading it. Its as if the author was telling us to pay attention to certain things we once overlooked:
    Nichols- the peach reference in the Diary( ripe peach), I was reading a confession of Albert Fish where he compared cannibalism with eating veal- very similar- also the cold kidney, bacon, and carrots references
    Chapman- The envelope with the initials J and M (letter M its true)
    The two pills (the pills....end with the pills) as Maybrick was a heavy pill user
    Eddowes- the v marks on her face forming an M (left my mark)
    The red leather cigarette case which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of her possessions, like the killer left it behind (cigarette case, case)
    Goulston Street Grafitti- Juwes or James? (my funny jewish joke?)
    Its just very eerie what do you guys think?
    Jordan
    Serious Ripperologists didn't overlook any of the above points.

The fact that James Maybrick ties in so well with the above points does makes it 'unlikely' that the Diaries a Hoax.

Comment

I didn't mean 'we' as the people on this messageboard or 'ripperologists' I meant officials at the time like the Police. Its like the author is telling us what to look at more closely (i.e. the cigarette case from the list) which seems to strike me as something rather ingenious. I also noticed how the author compares the victims with eating (like peaches, bacon, carrots) which is something someone like Albert Fish, a known serial killer, also did.I think Chikatilo did also.Thanks for the reply Kaz.

Comment

Hi Chainz,

"The bitch opened like a ripe peach."

Recently I read a novel based on the Maybrick case, which was written in the early 1940s by Joseph Shearing: Airing in a Closed Carriage.

In the story, the James Maybrick character comes from Manchester and is called John Tyler. I thought immediately of the above quote from the diary when I read the following passage concerning an incident from Tyler's youth:

John could remember going into the kitchen garden, which was the most pleasing part of the ugly Neo-Gothic house and stiffly laid out grounds. The bricks of the wall there had been burnt the color of a summer afternoon, rose and gold, and on them were growing peaches each in a small bag of net. He, loutish boy, had noticed the rich fruit served on dishes of painted porcelain for dessert and never wished to eat it; but seeing it so protected by the net bags, he had asked the gardener, who was turning over the soft soil with a small rake, why peaches were so protected, "and not the plums and the cherries, Saunders, eh?"

"It's because they're so precious, Master John," the man had answered with that sullenness that Mr. Tyler's servants showed beneath the cringing manner they used to a dull upstart master.

"Precious, eh?"

John had snatched the peaches down one at a time, and then torn off the net bags and stuck his teeth into them one after another.

Saunders had said nothing. He knew better than to interfere between the old master and the young master; it might mean merely a talk in the library and a few texts from the Bible; it might mean a thrashing, but Mr. John was able to give as good as he got and the gardener was indifferent both toward the boy and the fruit.

The peaches were not ripe, the flesh clung to the stone; John flung them down one after another in disgust. He had, though he did not put it in that way, grasped at something that was rare and choice, had his way with it, and flung it aside.

Food for thought, eh?

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hey Caroline,
          I enjoyed reading The Ripper Diary book you were a part of (sits nicely on my bookshelf along my JTR collection ) and your column on the JamesMaybrick.org website. Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work
          Jordan

Comment

Thanks Jordan.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
            X