dr willam holt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr willam holt

does anbody know anything about a doctor willam holt he worked at the george hospitall and was arrested in conection with the murder. but thats all i know about him. was he ever a serious suspect

He was about 24 at the time of the murders and is commonly known as the "White Eyed man"

Comment

Hello

Dr William Holt
      35 yrs. Surgeon. St George`s Hospital. S.W. London. Wife Julia Mary Laundy, 38 yrs. In 1883 was a General Practioner at 46 Goldstone Villas West Brighton. Two children, Ethel Marguerite (1879) and William St George (1881). In 1891 was living at 5 East Hill, Ashford, Kent. In 1901 he and his wife are listed as boarders at 17 Lordsmill St, Chesterfield.

On 11th Sept 88 with blackened face and white eyes he was arrested in Wentworth St for his strange behaviour and drawing a large crowd by shouting “I am Jack the Ripper”. He was taken to Leman police station.

Comment

His eyes were not whitened, it was the reflection from his glasses which gave the illusion.

He was accosted by a group (including future Heavyweight boxing contender Wolf Bendoff) who saw him
        acting suspiciously near the Princess Alice pub. A fight ensued between the mob, police and undercover officers.

It would seem Holt was acting as a sole vigilante and donned a disguise whilst on the lookout for Jack. He was released in the early hours after firends vouched for him.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, he doesn't seem to be a suspect to be taken seriously to me!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
          X