Kecksburg Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kecksburg Mystery

I have just watched a History channel show on the Kecksburg, PA mystery. What does everyone think this was. Was it a UFO or was it just a Russian satellite???

Sorry I should have added more information. In 1965 and unidentified object landed in Kecksburb, Pennsylvania. Several local people saw the object. Some stated that it had "Egyptian" looking writing on it. The Army soon arrived and cordoned off the area and shuttled the "object" away. The Russians did have a satellite that was supposed to explore Saturn but it failed and crashed back to Earth. Supposedly this was on the same day as the Kecksburg incident, but scientists state that the satellite landed in the ocean. So what was this "object"?

Comment

Hi Vol,

Yes, this is an interesting one. I first heard about it around 1990 when the
      Unsolved Mysteries program did a segment on it. Witnesses claimed that the object changed directions before landing so that would rule several things out, that is, if they weren't lying or mistaken. As depicted, the object seemed remarkably intact for failed deep space probe. I believe I saw the show you mention as well but it was several months ago.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

The incident would be the most recent in my top 12 classic UFO related stories.

Stan Reid

Comment

Kecksburg mystery

So what is your top twelve UFO mysteries? Would be great to see them.

Comment

My top 12 UFO related stories in order of occurrence:

1--Aurora, Texas UFO crash-1897
            2--Battle of Los Angeles foo fighter incident-1942
            3--Flight 19 disappearance-1945
            4--Kenneth Arnold sighting-1947
            5--Roswell flying saucer crash-1947
            6--STENDEC incident-1948
            7--Thomas Mantell UFO chase and crash-1948
            8--Flatwood Monster close encounter-1952
            9--Felix Moncla UFO chase and collision-1953
            10-Betty and Barney Hill alien abduction-1961
            11-Lonnie Zamora sighting-1964
            12-Kecksburg UFO crash-1965

Stan Reid

Comment

NASA claimed it was a Russian satellite. It's easy to see how a crashed one of those would get the military all stirred up back in 1965, for several reasons. Of course those wouldn't work well with the testimonies that the thing switched directions. The model, supposedly based on what witnesses claimed they saw, does resemble a satellite.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Kecksburg mystery

Just looking at your list. Do you think there is any reason why most of the incidents were in the 1940's. Does this co incide with any airplane testing or development during the era???

Comment

That can't be ruled out, at least for some of them. There was a theory that Roswell was actually some sort of captured secret Nazi aircraft that the U.S. was testing when it crashed.

Stan Reid

Comment

Kecksburg mystery

Do you have any hope that any of the cases in your list of twelve will be "solved". Do you foresee any information appearing in the future due to declassifying of information?

Comment

Me...from what I know of the story, I'd be happy to say it was a u.f.o.

Comment

Hi Cat:

I suppose that any could be solved to my satisfaction but probably none could be solved to everyones satisfaction.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          My top 12 UFO related stories in order of occurrence:

1--Aurora, Texas UFO crash-1897
                          2--Battle of Los Angeles foo fighter incident-1942
                          3--Flight 19 disappearance-1945
                          4--Kenneth Arnold sighting-1947
                          5--Roswell flying saucer crash-1947
                          6--STENDEC incident-1948
                          7--Thomas Mantell UFO chase and crash-1948
                          8--Flatwood Monster close encounter-1952
                          9--Felix Moncla UFO chase and collision-1953
                          10-Betty and Barney Hill alien abduction-1961
                          11-Lonnie Zamora sighting-1964
                          12-Kecksburg UFO crash-1965
                          No Alagash incident in your top 12?
                          Even though I don't really believe in UFOs.
                          Jordan

Comment

Working...
                          X