Victims' Religious Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victims' Religious Beliefs

What church(es) did these victims belong to? Or did they belong to any church at all?

I know Mary Kelly was probably an Irish Catholic.
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
    What church(es) did these victims belong to? Or did they belong to any church at all?

I know Mary Kelly was probably an Irish Catholic.
    Coincidentally, Jukka replied on another thread which pertains to this:

"Well, since Barnett wished to have her buried as a catholic, she most probably belonged to the "Mother Church".

Since Barnett and some other people too around her were Irish, they probably knew the difference between Irish catholics and Irish protestants.

All the best
    Jukka"

Mike
    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hello Madam Red!

Well, Liz Stride followed the Nordic tradition to my knowledge, thus being an Evangelic-Lutheran protestant!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Thank you for your help, Mike and Jukka.
        I saw that thread, in fact, so it's what got me wondering what their religious beliefs were.
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Working...
        X