Yorkshire Ripper back in the news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Ripper back in the news.

As usual I'm terribly sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

I see from todays news that Mr Sutcliffe is in the news once more:

I'm not entirely sure if there is anything to discuss about the move, but I thought it might be of interest to some posters here, and probably would not make the headlines beyond the UK.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Hello TomKentKent!

Thanks for the latest news!

I did follow the Yorkshire Ripper case in the 1970s!

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Interesting...but of course, he'll never be freed.
      "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Hello Madam Red!

The interesting thing is, that the Finnish press was very interested about the Son of Sam and The Yorkshire Ripper at the same time in the 1970s!

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi Jukka,

the 70s seem prolific...
          Sutcliffe, Berkowitz, Bianchi, Kemper, Gacy, Mullin, Bianchi & Buono, Bundy...
          Two many great cases.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

I have been reading about Sutcliffe of late, a few days ago I wrote to him and to all the other living serial killers whose address I easily found.

Iam particularly hopeful Nilson and Charlie Manson write back.
            I remeber the Nilson business at the time, and Manson is such a huge 60s cultural icon.

The only address I couldnt easily find was rose west.

doris

if anyone is interested most of them can be found here-

..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Comment

Hey Doris,

Your not getting too, dunno the word for this, interested in serial killers now are you? Learning these kinds of things can be unhealthy for some.

Just know your limitations.
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hello doris!

Yes, I got the creeps too...

On the other hand; since I am participating into a course in journalism these days, I've thought to ask Jeff McDonald (The Fatal Vision fame!) for an interview, if possible! So, who am I to blame you?!

Yes, David, surprisingly many people like that found in the 1970s... Probably one will never find a reasonable explanation to that!

All the best
                Jukka

Comment

Originally posted by doris View Post
                  I have been reading about Sutcliffe of late, a few days ago I wrote to him and to all the other living serial killers whose address I easily found.

I remeber the Nilson business at the time, and Manson is such a huge 60s cultural icon.

The only address I couldnt easily find was rose west.

doris

if anyone is interested most of them can be found here-

http://www.members.tripod.com/~Seria...addresses.html
                  Are you writing an article or a book about serial killers?
                  Why would you want to talk to them?
                  "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
                    Are you writing an article or a book about serial killers?
                    Why would you want to talk to them?

Mainly because of the sheer joy of holding something written by a famous person, and possibly the fact that serial killer letters sell for a good bit too (the are many more ripper books to buy)

And simply for the hell of it, and to see if they deign to reply.

doris

Comment

Hello doris!

Well, remember the following thing, in all seriousness;

For example, Charles Manson has a high IQ and is - as probably everyone knows - a brilliaant manipulator.

So, beware of this thing, also including the others you mentioned.

All the best
                      Jukka

Comment

Originally posted by doris View Post
                        They are more likely to write back than Shawcross, imo.

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          They are more likely to write back than Shawcross, imo.

Amitiés,
                          David
                          Yes I didnt waste a stamp on him or Danny Rolling.

doris

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                            For example, Charles Manson has a high IQ and is - as probably everyone knows - a brilliaant manipulator.

What j.r-ahde said.
                            This isn't a game, these people are still dangerous behind bars. It would be wise to avoid contact with them as much as possible, unless it was for research.

I apologize that I sound harsh. I'm just concerned.

If you want a letter from a famous person, why not write to someone like Margaret Thatcher or Robin Williams?

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                              Hello doris!

Well, remember the following thing, in all seriousness;

All the best
                              Jukka
                              Don't worry, Jukka,

Charlie got thousands letters per year and seldom replies.

So I'm told.

Amitiés,
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X