Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack London - People Of The Abyss - best edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack London - People Of The Abyss - best edition?

Hey all!

I was thinking about finally getting my hands on People Of The Abyss, but as I did a search at a swedish bookstore there are multiple editions of the darned thing.. I was told by a friend to look for one with all the pictures in it, but neither the swedish site nor Amazon have very good descriptions of each edition as far as I can tell...

Could anyone tell me if there is one special edition to look for or avoid at all costs?

Cheerio,
    /Al

Hiya Tolvis,

I've spent a lot of time looking for a decent copy of the first edition (either US or UK) of this book but, so far, no luck.

In the meantime, I have settled for the 1980 Joseph Simon reprint which has all the original photographs. Although, really, any edition will do. The photos are fascinating, but not vital. It is the text that makes this book a must-have for anyone interested in the place or period.

Comment

It's true that there isn't a great edition out there, mostly because they don't all contain the accompanying photographs. I've used this one in class

and paired it with this website so people can see the text with the photos.

Comment

First Edition

I have a first edition (1903) and a fourth reprint (1910), both have all the photos -

Click image for larger version

Name:	abyss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	658819
        SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Working...
        X