"Walter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Walter"

Sorry if someone already posted something about this but I recently purchased a LIFE magazine published book called "The Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of All Time" and of course our boy Jacky is within the book along with the Death of EA Poe and Rasputin. Within JTR's section, they talk about a new book coming out and a new suspect named Henry Spencer Ashbee who went by the pseudonym "Walter".

I was wondering if any one know any information of Ashbee or about the book.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

Yes that new book is being discussed on this site. (cllick here)

I've not read it so I can't say anything worthwhile.

Again welcome,

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

I have Walters's secret diary life, it was published in the sixties, He was a middle class sexual predator that shagged anything that moved. He loved seducing very young working class girls,whom he seemed to see as placed on earth for his appetites. He also visited brothels. He is amoral, obsessed with sex, and enjoys writing about it.
      He was a horrible man, but don't see him as the ripper though, he loved sex too much. The east end was not his thing, he could get as many young virgins as he wanted, seducing his way all over the country.

My personl opinion is that Jack woman hater, did not have sex, I think he was disgusted by women.

Miss Marple
      Last edited by miss marple; 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I've read Jack the Ripper's Secret Confession. I can honestly say it was the worst book I've ever read. There is no evidence what so ever to suggest Walter was Jack the Ripper. The exerts from Walter's Diary are disgusting. If the diary is to be believed then Walter, whoever he was, was a rapist and paedophile.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          I've read Jack the Ripper's Secret Confession. I can honestly say it was the worst book I've ever read. There is no evidence what so ever to suggest Walter was Jack the Ripper. The exerts from Walter's Diary are disgusting. If the diary is to be believed then Walter, whoever he was, was a rapist and paedophile.

John
          Hello John,

I've got this book and agree with everything you say. It took me much longer than I usually take to read a book as it made me feel queezy and I could only read a bit at a time.

I'm of the opinion that 'Walter' was not the Ripper. Jack doesn't seem to have had the need to see his victims suffer. 'Walter' seems to have enjoyed causing pain and got a great sense of satisfaction out of seeing blood flowing from 'living' victims' vaginas mingleing with his semen.

Carol

Comment

Working...
          X