Drawing of Hutchinson - IPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing of Hutchinson - IPN

Here is the drawing of Hutch from the cover of the 24 Nov 1888 issue of the IPN
    Attached Files

Of course, that wasn't drawn from life. More accurately, that's a sketch intended to 'represent' Hutch.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi

Hutchinson has Elizabeth Praters cat up his coat I can see it's tail sticking out.

all the best

Observer

Comment

Hi
        George has Elizabeth Praters cat up his coat I can see it's tail sticking out.

all the best

Observer

Comment

That's him.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
            Here is the drawing of Hutch from the cover of the 24 Nov 1888 issue of the IPN
            Thanks Chris

Blowups of IPN picture details are always interesting.

This one shows the wideawake hat and the American cloth parcel.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

I was going to point out the parcel. In the past we have debated what would be in an oblong parcel. Maybe such things were commonplace in the LVP, but it is surely an unfamiliar looking thing to me. I wonder what, in such dangerous (to prostitutes) times, would cause such a thing NOT to be checked out by police. I realize that this is a drawing and that it was Hutchinson who described it, but we do have at least one police account of a similar parcel. I feel we (or at least I) must be missing something with regards to the commonality of such a parcel.

Cheers,

Mike
              huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                but we do have at least one police account of a similar parcel. I feel we (or at least I) must be missing something with regards to the commonality of such a parcel.
                Hi Mike

Wrap up your knife and you won't cut your fingers.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hello you all!

What it comes to Tom's comment, at least my personal impression is, that there are relatively few contemporary photos of any witnesses!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                  X