List of plausible suspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of plausible suspects

Since the list of potential Ripper suspects seems to go on and on, I think it may be best to compile a list of suspects that are at least plausible and may have a case against them. In no particular order, I shall list them (the first one is my own personal preference):

1. George Chapman/Severin Klosowski
    2. Aaron Kosminski
    3. Montague John Druitt (doubtful, but certain info. may be missing about him)
    4. Francis Tumblety (also doubtful)
    5. James Kelly
    6. "David Cohen"
    7. George Hutchinson
    8. Jacob Levy

One person I may want to keep on there too is Joseph Barnett.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Hello JTSickert!

I will add my prime suspect to your list:

9. An every-day-man not known to us

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Fleming and Grainger are obviously viable and plausible suspects.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

I will add William Bury- he and James Kelly are my top named suspects, but really I believe JTR probably hasn't been named.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
          Fleming becomes a definate suspect because of his height
          Hi Richard,

That's correct.
          Lawende even saw Eddowes put her hand on his knee.
          But in a friendly way.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

What's my last post doing there ???

Before Richard's ??!!

Comment

1) Charles Le Grand
              2) Stewart P Evans
              3) Kosminski/anarchist Polish Jew
              4) Walter or someone like him
              5) Druitt/Tumblety/other police suspect

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom!

What do you think about the following thing;

I do remember, that someone suggested the Russian Ochrana -agents as suspects. How seriously one can take that?!

By the way, I wonder, if these boards are crashing. Since at least on my computer the posts seem to jump above the latest ones!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                  By the way, I wonder, if these boards are crashing. Since at least on my computer the posts seem to jump above the latest ones!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  No Jukka,

no problem...must be your computer...just throw it.

Amitiés,
                  David

Comment

Hi JtR,

Good list and useful in sorting out the silly suspects from the more likely sort.

As for George Hutchinson - last person allegedly to see the victim alive is always gotta be a serious suspect, especially when no one else can corroborate his Aztrachan man.

I do believe that the killer's name is known. If not one of the common ones talked about on this site, then someone with a violent streak against women who came before the courts at the time.

Comment

01. William Henry Bury
                      02. Jacob Levy
                      03. Hyam Hyams
                      04. James Kelly
                      05. William Grant Grainger
                      06. Severin Klosowski

I may add James Hardiman and think Timothy Donovan the wife killer needs looking into more.

Of the known suspects, these are the only ones with worth cases in my opinion.
                      Last edited by Uncle Jack; 02-19-2010, 12:02 AM.
                      Best regards,
                      Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

W. Hardiman
                        W. Bury
                        M. Druitt
                        G. Chapman
                        A. Kosminski
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          W. Hardiman
                          W. Bury
                          M. Druitt
                          G. Chapman
                          A. Kosminski
                          Wasn't W. Hardiman only sixteen? Surely that would ruled him out as a suspect?
                          Best regards,
                          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi,
                            My suspects all derive around oral hearsay I am ashamed to say, and I have penned all my hopes on Dan Farsons integreity, which has been doubted in the past.
                            The Grave spitting [ alleged incident] at St Patricks Leytonstone, at the funeral of Mjk leads me to three suspects.
                            Joseph Barnett,
                            Joseph Fleming
                            Walter Sickert.
                            Barnett simply because we know he was in attendance, and was the ex of Kelly.
                            Fleming becomes a definate suspect because of his height[ which has yet to be proven otherwise] not only was he also a ex of the deseased, but a sketch made at graveside indicates a large man apparently about to place a wreath, and a quote somewhere mention the term 'A giant of a man' which I assumed was a description of the priest Father Columban?[ excuse the spelling].
                            But mayby it was Fleming?
                            And last but not least. dear old Walter Sickert...why?
                            How about his painting 'A passing funeral' which depicts two young women apparently observing a funeral poccession through a window.
                            Could this be the two teenage girls that allegedly saw the grave spitting incident/
                            Was he the culprit, depicting that incident some twenty years later.?
                            If all that is pure bunkum , I would plump for the last person seen with the last victim[ kelly] that has been recorded under oath, ie Mrs Maxwells man.
                            he has to be the person that would have to be eliminated in any police inquiry.
                            Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                              Hello JTSickert!

I will add my prime suspect to your list:

9. An every-day-man not known to us

All the best
                              Jukka
                              Hi J-R,

I know the most likely culprit in the case is probably the UNknown Local Man, but I was just listing the suspects we know who may be worth looking further into.

I should also point out that most of the suspects I've listed could be counted as "Unknown Local Man;" the only difference is that we actually know their names.
                              I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Working...
                              X