Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference 2009 DVD USA

Hi all

It has just been confirmed by Howard Brown, that the NTSC copies of the 2009 DVD work on USA DVD players!

I gather that there are already orders of these discs in the states. They will be in the post as soon as I liase with Adam Wood on where they are going.

If you go to the Conference website you should be able to order copies there.

There is a four set collection that has all the lectures from this years conference in HD. plus a special tour from Philip Hutchinson and of course John Bennetts RIPPERLANDS in full. A must for any self respecting Ripperologist..

Don't worry Pirate Jack has nothing to do with the content only the camera work and editing...enjoy guys

Yours Jeff Leahy
    Producer/Director

Hi PJ,

What's the link to the conference website where we are to order this? I can't wait to see it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Sounds awesome. How much does it cost?
      "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Hi everybody

There has been some delays with NTSC copies. However the current formula reached Howard and he assures me they play OK.

I have today played out five copies (x4). I gather Adam has orders but bear in mind I'm having to produce them one at a time.

I could send them straight to you, But Adam has the labels and CD covers.

So i'm hoping to have to post them to Adam and then he needs to stick the labels and post them to you guys,

So please bear with us. If you then get problems I will sort it out or make sure you get your money refunded. we are not making anything on these DVD's infact they have cost me so far..

But I definately think its been a worth while exercise, especially discovering how to make USA friendly copies.

So bear with me. PM me your contacts and I will give you guys a direct email to keep updated on progress. They take about five days to reach USA once posted...but as I say they are on my desk at present..but they are made.

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hi All

Tom has kindly sent me a postal address. I am going to send a copy for review tomorrow. So he can gage how long they take to arrive.

As some of you may be aware Tom and I have had some personal differences on casebook. However as a Ripperologist I have always trusted his judgement.

And at least you can all guarantee an unbiased review and opinion on the Disc's.

So who better.

I have contacted Adam. I gather there are some PAL orders outstanding. As far as I'm aware these are all printed and ready to go. So please bare with us.

They should be with you shortly

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hi Guys

Well the white label review copy was posted to Tom this morning. The rest of the NTSC copies went to Adam for labels and Boxing.

I estimate that they should be with Tom in five days.

The above link takes you to the conference website where you can play a promo and place orders.

I gather that one persons discs went astray and we have posted another set to that person. Please do bear with us, we are trying our best to get them to everyone ASAP.

I think there is some great stuff on it.As well as all the lectures in full you have Rob Clacks presentation, Philip Hutchinson's alternative Tour and of course the legendary documentary 'Ripperlands' featuring people who sound like Stewart Evan's, Martin Fido and Steven Spryder.

If you experience any problems PM me and I guarantee to give it max priority and get it sorted.

Yours Jeff Leahy
            Producer/Director

Comment

Important Anouncement

Hello Everyone

I have checked back the masters to the Conference DVD NTSC copies.

There is a major problem.

For some reason the MASTERS do not play to the end. They are about 15 minutes short. Plus some of the STILLS don't appear to have formatted/rendered into the lectures. Which probably appears as black picture on your TV screens.

This is a major problem. I will have to start the MASTERS from Scratch and see what can be done. It means that I can create Discs that play on your machines but it might take a week or so to rectify. I will report later on.

In the mean time if you receive faulty discs let me know. I will replace them and contact Adam and try and hault export until I can redo.

Many thanks to Tom Wescott for noticing this problem. We would be in real dodo without his help.

Please bear with me. Jeff

Comment

The Conference DVD (UK)

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and Adam and everyone involved in the making and production of the conference DVD.
                The picture and sound quality on all four disks are excellent and I must confess, I was very impressed by the professional quality of the production.
                I was unfortunate that the first set of DVD's I ordered went astray in the postal system, However after a pm to Jeff within 3 days I received a replacement set of disks.
                All the speeches were informative and interesting. Last year I was fortunate enough to have a tour of the East End conducted by Philip Hutchinson and the tour he conducts with the delegates on the last disk of the four conference DVD's just goes to show that he is truly one of if not the best ripper guide out there.
                Overall I would thoroughly recommend this set of DVD's to anyone who was unfortunate not to be able to attend the conference
                On a five star rating I have no hesitation in awarding the conference DVD's *****

Comment

Originally posted by Derann View Post
                  Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and Adam and everyone involved in the making and production of the conference DVD.
                  The picture and sound quality on all four disks are excellent and I must confess, I was very impressed by the professional quality of the production.
                  I was unfortunate that the first set of DVD's I ordered went astray in the postal system, However after a pm to Jeff within 3 days I received a replacement set of disks.
                  All the speeches were informative and interesting. Last year I was fortunate enough to have a tour of the East End conducted by Philip Hutchinson and the tour he conducts with the delegates on the last disk of the four conference DVD's just goes to show that he is truly one of if not the best ripper guide out there.
                  Overall I would thoroughly recommend this set of DVD's to anyone who was unfortunate not to be able to attend the conference
                  On a five star rating I have no hesitation in awarding the conference DVD's *****
                  Many thanks for that indorsement it really is appreciated.

If you wish to buy PAL copies they are Great!

However we have a problem with NTSC's I think I know what is wrong. I need to start from scratch...Create a new NTSC project import the Ani File Masters render them...and then play them out..

I am working on this. I would like to apologize for the delay , it was 'un fore seen'.

Jeff

Comment

Any further word on how this project is progressing? Not that I'm complaining, but I paid me money for this on January 14th.

Comment

Sorry about this. I have been burning out copies over night. Its just taking longer than I thought. I will update you at the end of week if it has been successful.

I wont know til i burn the NTSC DVD's and i will only be able to test them on my computer..

Thanks for being patient.

Jeff

Comment

Any update yet?

Any update yet on the Ripper Conference dvd?I've been anxiously awaiting mine for months.I hope we have good news soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X