Michael Maybrick - Jack the Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Maybrick - Jack the Ripper?

We all know about James and the diary, but has anyone looked into the possibility that it was his brother Michael who was the Ripper?
    Best wishes,
    Sean.

I find him more likely then James! Lol but no, there isn't much chance he was the Ripper....
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

There's at least one book about Michael Maybrick being JtR. It's discussed here: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=2878

Comment

I think Michael Maybrick would be a plauseable suspect - more so than Walter Sicket or many others.
        Best wishes,
        sean.

Comment

Sean,

In my opinion, NONE of the suspects are worth a thought.

Yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

If Paul Feldman did nothing else, at least he uncovered hitherto little-known information about Michael Maybrick. Who, as a Ripper suspect, is a non-starter. High-ranking Mason he might have been, but he was also nowhere near the East End on any of the murder nights. There is an excellent piece about M Maybrick by an Australian researcher, and as soon as I can remember the bloke's name, I'll post it here.

There is, however, the slight possibility that M Maybrick may well have accelerated the demise of his more unfortunate brother J Maybrick, but that is a different subject for a different thread.

I agree with Corey123 that NONE of the suspects are worth a fart...sorry, thought.

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, if a Liverpudlian had been the Ripper - even though a better-off one - the probability of being caught had been great!

My main suspect is a perfect man-in-a-crowd, that none of us can ever even think about!

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

If Michael Maybrick was Jack the Ripper, then I am... oh gosh

If Michael Maybrick was Jack the Ripper then i am the Queen of Sheba.

To accuse someone of being JtR there needs to be evidence. This is peoples reputations and memopries we are dealing with here.

Not theory, not misconception, not speculation, solid proper evidence.
                “be just and fear not”

Comment

Hi Jenny,

To accuse someone of being JtR there needs to be evidence. This is peoples reputations and memopries we are dealing with here.
                  Precisely. On another thread Steve Powell is copping it left, right and centre for rubbishing the reputation of some bloke who may not even exisit for all we know, but here on the 'serious' Ripper threads people do exactly the same thing!

Fully aware you can't libel a dead person, but nevertheless just to suggest that someone may have been the Ripper because that someone's name is still well-known and lived at the right time, etc., has always seemed totally crazy and irresponsible to me. Lewis Carroll is the silliest 'suspect' of them all, IMHO.

Cheers,

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I cannot recall saying that Michael Maybrick WAS Jack the Ripper. I only asked you "serious" Ripperologists if it was possible. This casebook is supposed to be a forum to discuss any and all possible suspects. What I know about Michael Maybrick could be placed in a flea's cod-piece. I thought someone on these forums could possibly tell me if this was worth looking closer at.
                    But I guess I shouldn't have asked such a question in a "serious" thread.
                    Sean.

Comment

I would like to say sorry for starting such a silly thread. As a newcomer I am still feeling my way around this site. I recieved a reply to my last post, but for some reason, it has not appeared here. So here is the post from my email:
                      Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print ReplyReply AllMove...
                      Flag this messageReply to post 'Michael Maybrick - Jack the Ripper?'Monday, February 1, 2010 4:56 AM
                      From: "Casebook Forums" <spryder@casebook.org>Add sender to ContactsTo: cerburusuk@yahoo.co.ukDear cerburusuk,

corey123 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Michael Maybrick - Jack the Ripper? - in the General Discussion forum of Casebook Forums.

This thread is located at:

Here is the message that has just been posted:
                      Sean,

You asked the question and we answered you. If the answers aren't good enough. Go ask somewhere else. Everyone who answered you are ripperologists, and I would say we are all serious ripperologists. We may not be experts(though some of us are) we have enough knowledge to answer.

Thankyou for making a newcomer welcome.
                      Sean.

Comment

CerberusUK,

it's not a 'silly' thread you started, rather an unnecessary one, because there is already some debate elsewhere about Michael Maybrick as Maurice advised. What Jenny Pegg was pointing out is that there's no problem in suggesting anyone as a possible Ripper, but there really should be at least a tad of evidence before a name is put forward. For example, if you were to find out that Michael Maybrick was performing at a concert in London on one of the murder nights, then that at least would put him in more or less the right place at more or less the right time.

Regards,

Graham

Comment

Thankyou for your polite repley, Graham. I didn't know about another thread about Michael Maybrick. At least you did not tell me to "go somewhere else" if I didn't like the answers.
                          Well, Corey, I have no intention of going anywhere.
                          Best wishes,
                          Sean.

Comment

Sean,

I have come here to clear my name.

Did you really report me? .

Let me dull that message and its meaning down a bit for you.

You asked a question, we answered you, and it wasn't good enought because you whined about it saying:

I cannot recall saying that Michael Maybrick WAS Jack the Ripper. I only asked you "serious" Ripperologists if it was possible. This casebook is supposed to be a forum to discuss any and all possible suspects. What I know about Michael Maybrick could be placed in a flea's cod-piece. I thought someone on these forums could possibly tell me if this was worth looking closer at.
                            But I guess I shouldn't have asked such a question in a "serious" thread.
                            Sean.

And I told you, if you didn't like our answers you can go somewhere else and ask them.

You whine , I reply.

So stop pointing the finger when you have your own fault in it.

Yours truly
                            Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                            X