Millwood - Ripper or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millwood - Ripper or not?

Poll to see Millwood's candicacy as a Ripper murder.....
    YES
    47.83%
    NO
    30.43%
    UNDECIDED
    21.74%
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Hi Adam,

Yes, it could be the Ripper - as a beginner.
    And yes, it could be a murder - I don't trust Arthur's post-mortem.

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

Annies surname was most likely Milward and not Millwood.

Rob

Comment

Yeah you are right Rob. I was just referring to the name that most people commonly know her as.
        Best regards,
        Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi Adam and Rob,

sincerely, I prefer Millwood.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

Absolutely.

Regards,
            Justin
            They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

There is not sufficient evidence to be at all sure that Annie Milward (Milwood) was a victim of JtR - but her attack (murder) has many similarities with Martha Tabram's murder. As well as those similarities, if we subscribe to the idea of JtR developing over time, then Annie Milward to Martha Tabram through the C5 shows a progression, the level of abuse of the body becoming more severe each time (with the exception of Liz Stride for reason of interruption possibly). I think Annie and Martha are more likely than not to be victims of JtR.

I know others might suggest Emma Smith was also an early victim of JtR, but if Emma is to be believed, then that would mean that JtR was comfortable working in a group as well as alone. It is possible, but it seems to me that the attack on Emma was quite different and she is less likely to have been attacked by JtR.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                There is not sufficient evidence to be at all sure that Annie Milward (Milwood) was a victim of JtR - but her attack (murder) has many similarities with Martha Tabram's murder. As well as those similarities, if we subscribe to the idea of JtR developing over time, then Annie Milward to Martha Tabram through the C5 shows a progression, the level of abuse of the body becoming more severe each time (with the exception of Liz Stride for reason of interruption possibly). I think Annie and Martha are more likely than not to be victims of JtR.

I know others might suggest Emma Smith was also an early victim of JtR, but if Emma is to be believed, then that would mean that JtR was comfortable working in a group as well as alone. It is possible, but it seems to me that the attack on Emma was quite different and she is less likely to have been attacked by JtR.
                It's a shame we don't know more a bout the Millwood case but it certainly sounds like it could be a forerunner to Tabram.

The Smith case interests me for obvious reasons, given the date. I think you'd have to suppose she was lying about the gang for this to be the ripper. Reid did have some queries about her story - from another post these were: first she said she’d just fallen and couldn’t describe the attackers; at the location she gave she should have been seen and helped over the time frame she gave, and she should of passed police constables but nothing out of the ordinary was reported. Perhaps admitting to a gang attack was less embarrassing that admitting she'd had to resort to prostitution. Something else to consider about her injuries, didn't Sutcliffe do similar to one of his victims with a beer bottle and Bundy certainly did similar on some of his victims. If this is something that serial sexually motivated killers just do, it could well be the case this was the ripper. I can't imagine what was done to Smith was at all common place.

Comment

Working...
                X