Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Curiosity

Hi All,

Whilst trawling around to find support for Tumblety ever having met The Duchess of Sutherland in Torquay, I came across this gem from the New York Evening Telegram, 26th November 1888—

Click image for larger version

Name:	IDLE CURIOSITY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	669842

The aristocracy lived on another planet.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi All,

Whilst trawling around to find support for Tumblety ever having met The Duchess of Sutherland in Torquay, I came across this gem from the New York Evening Telegram, 26th November 1888—

[ATTACH]7857[/ATTACH]

The aristocracy lived on another planet.

Regards,

Simon
    Hi Simon,
    What is the relevance of him meeting the duchess?

Comment

I am not entirely sure what the correlation is between the aristocracy living on another planet and the newspaper article information. A man receives word that his wife is dead, a reporter arrives at the exact same time he receives word that his wife is dead and starts interrogating his friends as to what he will do, the friend says, essentially, "sod off".

Seems fairly typical of anyone's reaction to a nosy reporter at an inconvenient time, so how does it say something specifically about the aristocracy?

P.S I do realize how the reporter chose to spin her comment and how Simon has taken it, as if returning to England would be the idle curiosity, but considering the person ended the interview immediately afterward, the other interpretation is valid also, that the idle curiosity was the reporters.
      Last edited by Ally; 01-28-2010, 04:49 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Tumblety's Grave

Hello, Has anyone out there in Ripperland ever paid a visit to Tumblety's gravesite. I was in Rochester this past weekend ,visited three cemetaries, but nooooooo luck! Does anyone know the name of the cemetary and the location of the plot/headstone? PLEASE AND THANKS
        " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/tumblety.tbgrave.html

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
            Hello, Has anyone out there in Ripperland ever paid a visit to Tumblety's gravesite. I was in Rochester this past weekend ,visited three cemetaries, but nooooooo luck! Does anyone know the name of the cemetary and the location of the plot/headstone? PLEASE AND THANKS
            I visited Tumblety's grave last Thanksgiving and put it on YouTube. Check it out.

Published bestseller, The Ripper's Haunts (Apr 2016), detailing Ripper suspect Francis Tumblety. Expert Paul Begg stated it was head and shoulders above rela...

Mike
            The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
            http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

THANKS !!! I will check it out on my next visit.
              " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

The video predates my Casebook education, but it was still fun.

Mike
                The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Working...
                X