Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The visiting MP to Dorset Street..

Hello all,

Whilst in the mood for a little thought nudging, I thought I'd bring this one out...

According to Frank Owen's "Tempestuous Journey: Lloyd George and His Times" pages 63-64, from 1954, published by London,

The Welshman, Sir Alfred Danes, the Caernarvon-born Superintendant of the Metropolitan Police, made an expedition to the scenes of "Jack's" recent operations... he was apparently fascinated by this "Hogarthian Picture... and appalled by the degradation".

Right. I have been searching all over for the name of the MP that accompanied the RIC policeman and the Postmaster General to Dorset Street.

Connecting the name of Mary Jane Kelly to Caenarvon, and the Metropolitan Policeman BORN in Caenarvon... this is too good to be true. We have a Welsh connection to the case that I certainly have never seen before.
    Did the newspaper article saying an MP get it wrong and mean a Met Policeman?

This is the ONLY thing I have been able to find as yet, and tentatively suggest this was our man.

Thoughts anyone?

best wishes

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 01-21-2010, 10:38 PM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Hi Phil. Read this essay...

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom,

I know about this essay, and thank you for reminding me. That essay, well written by Andy Spallak, is exactly the reason why I went in search of someone else...because it is Druitt-laden and Druitt connected. This article talks of a West Country MP. (And as regards Druitt...there isn't a jot of factual evidence against him anyway)

Here we have a man, totally independant of any theory, with an exceptional link to Caenarvonshire. I have never seen that before. What is more, the RIC policeman turns up with the Postmaster General. If the RIC is there to help with the Irish side of MJK, why not a Welsh Met Policeman to help with the Caernavon link? It seems perfectly logical to me. Nothing untoward in it.

And again, I state, I have never seen a link to Caernavon, in LONDON, apart from MJK's supposed life history before in this. Have you? Pardon me if I am wrong.

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil. Druitt heavy though it may be, it is about an MP with a Ripper theory. Seems a likely guy to me.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

He's a WEST COUNTRY MP..DORSET...thats many MILES away from Caernavon in Wales.

And Sir Alfred Danes ISN'T a theorist either. He is a Met Policeman. A SUPERINTENDANT to boot! That tells me masses.

best wishes

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

I meant the MP in Andy's essay was a Ripper theorist. Okay, so why do you think the MP who visited Mary Kelly was from Wales?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom,

Exactly Tom, the MP in the essay is from the County of Dorset...BECAUSE of the Druitt connection there. And just incase you are still thinking that this MP was the man, if you are right, then the EXACT same MP from Dorset would have some sort of knowledge straight after MJK's murder about Druitt being a suspect IF it was him visiting Miller's Court a few hours after the murder... and Druitt isn't mentioned in any connection with any murder before the mention of him drowning in the Thames on 31st Dec... so either that MP for Dorset was a psychic, had personal info from someone, or it COULD NOT have been him in Dorset Street at Miller's Court!

It's all in the above. The newspapers said, that amongst others, three people turned up together on the same day (if not together) in Dorset Streeet.
              And RIC policeman, The Postmaster General and an MP.

Now I reckon that MP was a Met Policeman.

And I reckon that Met Policeman was there BECAUSE of the Caernavon connection. Just like I reckon the RIC man was there for the Irish connection.

It isn't brain surgery. It's policemen doing their work with what they know.

And again... I ask, what connection KNOWN to us is there with Caernavon and MJK apart from this?

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

It's your world, Phil, I'm just living here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                  According to Frank Owen's "Tempestuous Journey: Lloyd George and His Times" ...
                  Does that book suggest it might have been Lloyd George himself?

Whilst an MP he did join the volunteers in Whitechapel, and wrote about the squalor:
                  "I set out to investigate a crime at night; I found evidence of ten thousand."

Comment

Hi All,

Who is Sir Alfred Danes?

Googling him turns up one solitary 1929 Australian newspaper report.

He must have been one heck of an undercover policeman.

Regards,

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hello NickB,

Thank you for your reply. The book states it was the Superintendant of the Met Police, Sir Alfred Danes who accompanied Lloyd George. It is quoted in Fishman's East End, 1888, page 278.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi All,

Who is Sir Alfred Danes?

Googling him turns up one solitary 1929 Australian newspaper report.

He must have been one heck of an undercover policeman.

Regards,

Simon
                        Hello Simon,

I have never heard of this fellow either before this and was hoping someone could help with his indentification?

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          It's your world, Phil, I'm just living here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                          Hello Tom,

I am just researching, trying to tie together loose ends. Dotting "i"'s and crossing "t"'s. I throw it open. If it gets disproved..GREAT!..another thing we can put away.

I don't know any more than I have found.. but the word Caernavon jumped out at me.

I know one thing. In my honest opinion, whoever was there of those three visitors.. it wasn't just to gawp.

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                          X