Nicholas Meyer- director of "Time After Time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Meyer- director of "Time After Time"

Nicholas Meyer, director of the 1979 movie "Time After Time" in which H.G. Wells and Jack the Ripper play a cat and mouse game through time travel, was just interviewed on the American late night radio program "Coast to Coast A.M." tonight by weekend host Ian Punnett, who is based in my home state of Minnesota. Too cool for words. Call me ignorant but I had no idea that that movie had the same director as "Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn" (which totally rocked) as well as Star Trek 4 and 6, and also the early 1980s anti-nuclear war epic t.v. movie "The Day After." This show commonly talks about UFOs, the paranormal, conspiracy theories, etc. You just never know what's going to show up with them.

I haven't actually seen "Time After Time." Might have to track it down. Meyer was describing a scene in which the Ripper, transported into the future, is watching something on t.v. and realizes out loud, "90 years ago I was a freak- today I'm an amature."

Kensei,

When you get time, definitely rent and watch Time After Time. It is second on my list of my top 3 Ripper movies. While it doesn't relate to Ripper case directly, David Warner does a good job at playing Jack and his characterization is very creepy and psychopathic.

P.S. My other 2 favories are: From Hell (in last place) and Jack the Ripper
    (1988), whcih is my #1.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Kahn rocked!!!! My all-time favorite Trek movie! He also did "The Seven-Percent Solution"---wrote the novel and did the film!

Comment

Time After Time is definently worth watching One of the best fictional Ripper films

Comment

This movie was one of the catalysts to my interest in the Ripper case. Fantastic fantasy movie.
          "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

O yes, the movie that got me interested in Jack the Ripper, i first watched it when i was younger n when i got myself a copy on DVD i watched it with the commentary on and that's when i realized thay never caught the ripper so after some Google searching i found casebook. over all my favorite ripper movie.

Comment

Working...
            X