Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim solitary

Hi all,

The similarities in the C5 are pretty much what make them the C5 but what is unique about each of these victims? There are a lot of things but here's one for each victim to start things off.

Nichols-The only victim who was still alive when found (perhaps)
    Chapman-The only victim who was murdered in the light of dawn (perhaps)
    Stride-The only victim to not suffer abdominal mutilation
    Eddowes-The only victim who wasn't a prostitute (perhaps)
    Kelly-The only victim killed indoors

Please add more.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Chapman was the only one who didn`t have a bonnet.

Kelly was the only one not to have had a child

Nichols was the only one who didn`t have a ( on/off) partner.

Comment

Hi ho

Stride was the only one not drunk, not sick nor in a tricky vulnerable position.

p

Comment

Yes, there are more uniquities when you stop and think.

Nichols-Only victim killed in an area not enclosed on at least 3 sides
        Chapman-Only victim heard exchanging words with JtR (perhaps)
        Stride-Only foreign born victim
        Eddowes-Only victim claiming to know the killer (perhaps)
        Kelly-Only victim under 40 (if she told her real age)
        Last edited by sdreid; 03-17-2008, 08:13 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Nichols-The only victim who was still alive when found (perhaps) Nonsense, she was dead as a doornail.
          Chapman-The only victim who was murdered in the light of dawn (perhaps) True Nuff
          Stride-The only victim to not suffer abdominal mutilation True Nuff
          Eddowes-The only victim who wasn't a prostitute (perhaps) Of course she was a prostitute. This has been discussed in death and the inevitable logical conclusion is that of course she was a prostitute. Kelly-The only victim killed indoors True Nuff.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom,

There was a claim of a slight pulse when Nichols was found. That doesn't mean that wasn't a mistaken conclusion but I don't remember reading that about any other victim.

Stan Reid

Comment

Not a pulse, Stan. Robert Paul thought for a moment he felt a movement in her chest as he was reaching across her. Cross disagreed. My guess is that was either wishful thinking on Paul's part or Cross inadvertently nudged her as Paul was reaching across.

In the case of Stride we have a witness talking about the blood still flowing from her neck. While it's probably Stride was already dead, there's actually more of a chance she was still technically alive when found than there is with Nichols. Personally, I imagine both were quite dead.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Yes Tom, he thought she was breathing, I misremembered that but it was still unique. I was going to correct that but I was too slow at it.

Stan Reid

Comment

So maybe Kate was a prostitute. How about she was the only one, as far as we know, to be a hop-picker? That's unique. It also illustrates that she was not a full time hooker. She was also the only jailed just prior to her death.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I put the most provocative assertions first of course.

As for Eddowes being a prostitute, it was never proven as far as I know. If she was, I wonder why she was flopping around on the sidewalk pretending to be a fire engine instead of soliciting. That might be apocryphal but the cops didn't bring her in for hooking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      I put the most provocative assertions first of course.

As for Eddowes being a prostitute, it was never proven as far as I know. If she was, I wonder why she was flopping around on the sidewalk pretending to be a fire engine instead of soliciting. That might be apocryphal but the cops didn't bring her in for hooking.

Courageous you! Yes, I think that some people still question her being a prostitute. I made some posts re the fire engine story and was told that it was a myth. It's an appealing one, so I keep hoping that it turns out not to be one!
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        As for Eddowes being a prostitute, it was never proven as far as I know. If she was, I wonder why she was flopping around on the sidewalk pretending to be a fire engine
                        Perhaps that was her way of saying "You can ring my bell", Stan
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Considering her lack of funds, being arrested by the police for being so drunk to cause a public nuisance (whether fire engine impersonation was part of it or not) sounds to me more like evidence that she had been successfully soliciting already than that she was too busy to be hooking. Booze wasn't free.

Dan Norder
                          Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                          Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Hi ho

I will aslo contend (As is my wont) that Polly was not only the only one with a pulse, not only the only one with a sign of breathing apparently but was also the only one of the C5 who's eyes opened after being found.

As evidenced by witness testimony.

p

Comment

Hi all,

Nichols may well not have still been alive when found but it is certainly not impossible. She was found quite quickly after the attack and, if her head was positioned right, passages could have lined up to still get some blood to he brain or hold it there. She could have still breathed though the opening in her throat as well if not by normal means. No doubt she would have been in a very grave or moribund state if she was not yet extinct but there is still that report that there wasn't with the other victims. I wonder if they had more light if they might have seen her blink. For her sake, I hope she went as quickly as possible.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X