Jack's Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack's Strength

I was just wondering, from the reports and all, do most people consider Jack the Ripper to have been a strong man, considering the bruises he left in strangling some of his victims?

hand strength

Hello Reynard. Well, he obviously had great hand strength, given that he strangled some of the ladies before mutilating them. That's why some Druittists feel the case is strengthened for him since he was a sportsman with good hand strength.

Of course, a dock worker or butcher might well possess the same.

The best.
    LC

Comment

Strangulation

Hey,

It was reported that there might have been "Possible manual strangulation", not defenant proof that he ever did strangle his victims.
      All though there were no signs of a struggle in any of the cases if I am correct so that counts for something eh?

yours truly
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

protruding/lacerated tongues

Hello Corey. Well, manual strangulation is the most natural way to account for the protruding/lacerated tongues of C1 & C2.

The best.
        LC

Comment

Your

Correct lynn,

Yet do any of the medical reports ever say that they were strangled beyond a doubt? I truly believe Jack may have experimented with strangulation as well but Im just saying. The toung laceration is concurrent with manual strangulation, so yes he was a strong man, but we cant go saying that we know for a fact he strangled. But no matter how he killed, any killer who kills with a knife with no signs of any struggle has to have enough strenght to overpower the victim.

yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

My understanding, and I believe this was in the Rumbelow book, that on either Nichols or Chapman, or both, had bruises along the right jaw and on the left cheek, which would match up with the thumb and fingers respectively of the right hand. So, he gripped their faces with his right had, and hard.

If strength was an agreed criterion for the Ripper at the time, then I suppose that everybody that wasn't particularly muscular was eliminated as a suspect, right?
            Last edited by Reynard; 12-19-2009, 03:15 AM. Reason: I wrote a word wrong

Comment

fact

Hello Corey. That hand scared me. It reminds me of one of the old police suspects.

Well, what do we know for a fact? In my line of work, we don't know for a fact that other minds exist (how do we rule out auditory/visual hallucination?), but it makes for a good story, and most of us HATE solipcism.

The best.
              LC

Comment

Lynn, could you run that last statement by me again? I think I got lost somewhere.

Comment

Well that depends what facts are we looking for? And the hand near my signature, ha, thats no hallucenation dont worry.
                  We know for a fact that these five women died from a cut throat.
                  We know that they died where they lay.
                  We know they were killed by a knife.
                  yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

brains in a vat

Hello Reynard. Well, to understand the difficulty we face, try looking at the "brains in a vat" problem. (It's a simplified version of Descartes and his evil daemon.)

The best.
                    LC

Comment

The realism and sceptisism.
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Oh, philosophy, no wonder I felt a bit lost.

Comment

Brains in a vat

Like lynn says we need to overlook these specific details to make something of it,
                          For one we know a certain number of things.
                          They were all victim of a knife to the throat, and that they were woman in the LVP.
                          We know all these wounds could not be self inflicted so they were murderd.

What we dont know but can speculate upon is that they could have been strangled, as in polly in annie their toungs were pertruding between their teeth,signs of manual strangulation.
                          A even bigger speculation is that all the C5 could have been the victim of the same man, one which takes a good bit of faith and a good theory to go with.
                          We can say the killer picked his victims at random but was familiar with them.
                          And we can speculat that there was no struggle.

yours truly
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hmmm. Reynard the fox. Of course Jack was a strong man, he had broad shoulders.

All the best

Observer

Comment

Hey you caught the reference! Congradulations!

"Of course Jack was a strong man, he had broad shoulders."

How do you know he had broad shoulders?

Comment

Working...
                              X