Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many "confessed" Rippers there has been?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many "confessed" Rippers there has been?!

Hello you all!

This thing just came to my mind;

Many people have been stubborn enough to claim many individuals as being Jack the Ripper. Missing only one thing: solid proof...

So;

How many "I am Jack..." -confessions there has been over the years?!

Yes, I know that the Neil Cream quote above is very obviously an urban legend...

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Hi Jukka, If Neil Cream did actually say that.

It was reported at the time of Deeming's trial that he made a full confession to the last two murders, although his solicitor denied this.

The Hull Daily News ran several articles on Sept 17th regarding John Fitzgerald, who had given himself up at Wandsworth Police Station. Eyewitnesses described Fitzgerald in a pub with a knife claiming to be JTR.

The Hull Daily News reported in it's October 8th 1888 edition that Alfred Pearson had attacked a couple at Brierley Hill, claiming he was JTR.

The Hull Daily News on Saturday October 13th 1888 carried a report regarding a man named John Rouse who was telling everyone he was JTR, he was arrested.

In the same paper another man named Patrick McDermott was also arrested for threatening behaviour and claiming he was JTR.

The Hull Times ran a report in 1889 regarding a man named Walter Hill who told a police officer he was JTR. He was sentenced at Dalton-Police Court.

The Hull Daily Mail on Friday May 22nd 1891 ran a report about a man in Germany who claimed to be JTR, however, he confessed to a German murder with similarities to the Whitechapel murders.

These are just a small sample from the hundreds, if not thousands of Hull Press reports, and include only the people that claimed they were Jack.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Hello Mike!

These days I think, that if Neil Cream actually said that, then he meant:

"I am Jack Smith!"

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Perhap's he was singing, "I'm a LumberJack and I don't care," but was stopped midway and the crowd only heard what they wanted to hear!
        Regards Mike

Comment

OK

Hello Mike. If Dr. Cream WERE a lumberjack, it'd be OK, PROVIDED he slept all night and worked all day.

Of course, if he slept all night, he wouldn't be Jack.

The best.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Mike. If Dr. Cream WERE a lumberjack, it'd be OK, PROVIDED he slept all night and worked all day.

Of course, if he slept all night, he wouldn't be Jack.

The best.
            LC

If Tumblety heard that song, he'd definitely be the one to say "I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars."
            I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Cream

Hello JTR. You are correct, he'd do that--amongst certain other things.

The best.
              LC

Comment

Working...
              X