Pictures of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Jack the Ripper

Hello. Now, unless you're trying to promote a specific suspect as Jack the Ripper and include photographs of that individual, we all of course no we have any definite pictures of Jack. So, I've decided to start a thread to put up some familiar and, hopefully, some unfamiliar images depicting the Ripper. I hope we get some additions from others as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jack-the-ripper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	669774

Name:	JackTheRipper.gif
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	669775
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

[ATTACH]7355[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7356[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7357[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7358[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7360[/ATTACH]
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Hello JTRSickert!

Nice pieces of work, than you!

However, I cannot help agreeing with one ripperologist;

Had he been a gentleman with a top-hat, he would have been caught right away!

I think, that he was an architype man in the crowd...

If one wants to see my view of him, the portrait can be found on "Some works of art, please!" -thread in the Creative Writing and Expression section!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Thank You J-R

I just chose those because it seems that in none of the Message Boards I've seen so far do we have any pictures of the stereotypical Top-Hat-and-Cloak Jack, which is, of course, his iconic image. I just wanted to put hem on here for effect. I hope others will do the same as well. I will continue to add them when I can.
        Last edited by JTRSickert; 12-18-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Here is an older one.

Name:	jack.jpg
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	658201

Comment

They always portray him as after this wild mad murder spree just strolling away.

I would think he'd be running, hunched over, covering his face with his arm if he could, covertly looking over his shoulder a lot and looking like a ratlike creature. Wide, yellow glowing eyes, madness exuding from his every pore.

Comment

McFarlane toys released a figure of Jack the Ripper (as part of their real life maniacs range or something like that) about 10 years ago. I have one at home somewhere. Anyway, someone also bought a figure and customised it so that Jack looks more like the Hollywood version and not the bionic leg version that Mcfarlane thought he was:
              Attached Files

Comment

Re pic on right : police in 1888 asked local residents if they'd heard the sound of a motorbike during the night, but no one had.

Comment

This is my favorite that I've found online. Bonus depiction of PC Harvey!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X