Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Tobin on trial for third murder

Current trial - Dinah McNicol
    Peter Tobin, a convicted killer who had already murdered one young woman, buried the body of a teenage victim in a makeshift graveyard in the garden of his suburban house, a court heard.

Vicki Hamilton

Angelika Kluk

Tobin is a classic example of why two murders should be considered the standard number of victims to classify a serial killer, instead of three.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Peter Tobin convicted of third murder.

He's never getting out of jail.

By the way - the FBI now use a two-victim definition for serial killers, I discovered the other day...

Comment

It is thought that Tobin might be the infamous 'Bible John' who killed three women in Glasgow in the 1960s.

Comment

I reckon it's almost certain he was Bible John.

He resembles the original image enough to convince me (or he did when he was younger).

And he picked his first wife up, during the late 1960s, in the Barrowlands Ballroom, and used to be violent with her during sex. She also described him as a bit of a religious zealot.

All this is from an interview I saw with her on (I think) Sky News while they were digging his back garden up.

Comment

I reckon its very important to follow this case to see what the police discover about his many possible victims---numbering possibly 48 in all.The police think he is probably Bible John who disappeared from Glasgow after three women were murdered in the 1960"s.Also that he may well be the killer of two little girls found murdered in Brighton a number of years ago.
          He was forever "on the move" and changing his name ,making it very difficult for police to find him.
          His wife says he beat her and suddenly and unexpectedly cut the head off their pet dog.
          The only reason he was caught was because of a recent murder [2006] of a young Polish student, when he was sixty .
          Police say that such serial killers dont begin to kill when they are reaching middle age---he was already 45 when the first murders they have actually convicted him for took place.
          Also a large cache of womens jewelry was found in his house and police are trying to trace their owners,Sadly they have probably been buried in basements and gardens like the 1991 cases who were found by a DNA link after he was jailed for life in 2006. They would probably never have been found otherwise.The police are pretty certain there are many others to be discovered.
          Best
          Norma

Comment

Let's hope that in the coming months and years the police are able to identify all of his victims, that they are given decent burials and that their families find some closure. Sadly, I fear that if he has been killing for over forty years, some relatives would have gone to their graves without knowing what happened to their loved ones.

My heart goes out to his victims and their families and friends.

Comment

Yes Limehouse,absolutely.Its a truly shocking case and but for DNA he might never have been caught------or the victims found in the back gardens of Margate ever traced and therefore their relatives would never have been given closure.

Comment

Though hed have only been a youth im wondering did he do the Jack the Stripper killings in London in the 60s,though ive seen it said Tommy Butler of Scotland Yard was suspected of that as was Freddie Mills.

Tobin i think was Bible John,somehow he fits the profile for those killings.

cant imagine the evil scumbag ever co0nfessing to anything though

Comment

Originally posted by ianincleveland View Post
                  Though hed have only been a youth im wondering did he do the Jack the Stripper killings in London in the 60s,though ive seen it said Tommy Butler of Scotland Yard was suspected of that as was Freddie Mills.

Tobin i think was Bible John,somehow he fits the profile for those killings.

cant imagine the evil scumbag ever co0nfessing to anything though
                  Hi Ian,,

I'm not sure if Tobin actually does fit the profile of Bible John, I believe his victims were considerably older than Tobin's known victims.

KR Angie

Comment

See your point there Angie but he was in Glasgow,and apparently met his wife at barrowlands dancehall,he also did some kind of work for the church in Glasgow.Ive a very nasty feeling hes probably killed women of all ages and so far weve only found out about 3.

We could of course say JTRs other victims were a different age group to Mary Kelly!!!

Ian
                    Last edited by ianincleveland; 12-20-2009, 08:09 PM. Reason: put barrowfields instead of barrowlands

Comment

Of course, depressingly, you may well be right, I remember a while ago there was an exhumation of a suspect for dna comparison, I believe it was inconclusive, so surely there must be dna from Tobin to compare, at least that would bring some sort of closure (I hate that word!) to the victims families after 40 long years.

KR Angie
                      Last edited by apricot; 12-20-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by apricot View Post
                        Of course, depressingly, you may well be right, I remember a while ago there was an exhumation of a suspect for dna coimparison, I believe it was inconclusive, so surely there must be dna from Tobin to compare, at least that would bring some sort of closure (I hate that word!) to the victims families after 40 long years.

KR Angie
                        Ive a friend in Glasgow and she told me it still casts a shadow over the city particularly the older generation.Theyve suspected a few people over the years but nobody so far has matched DNA wise,ive a nasty feeling Tobin has killed maybe a dozen or more times and apparently police are looking at around 40 unsolved crimes.Thing is he appears to have been a bit of a drifter and moved around a lot so he could have killed anywhere.

I know locally of a prostitute who was discovered heavily mutilated on the North Yorks moors,plus two others whove never been found.So thats 3 in middlesbrough area he should be investigated for.Im told the mutilation of the one found on the moors was so horrific the police literally were sick.

Comment

Suzi Lamplugh

Am I right in thinking they considered Tobin for Suzi Lamplugh's disappearence but ruled him out?
                          Last edited by KatBradshaw; 12-20-2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: Type O
                          In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                            Am I right in thinking they considered Tobin for Suzi Lamplugh's disappearence but ruled him out?
                            I think pretty much everyone's being considered for that case.
                            Everytime somebody gets done for murder someone out there says, "maybe he did Suzi Lamplugh!"

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea to go searching through every unsolved murder in the UK to pin on Tobin.

Comment

Working...
                              X