JTR with a terminal illness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR with a terminal illness?

What do you think about one of the JTR reasons to have committed the crimes to be a terminal illness, like tuberculosis or cholera...?

disease

Hello J. Tertiary syphilis might be more likely. This has often been suggested.

The best.
    LC

Comment

I have absolutely no interest in Suspect Ripperology but there was an interesting chappy called John Simmonds, who was a 22 yr old hawker who lived at 60 Wentworth St, and he was admitted to the Whitechapel Infirmary a week after the double event suffering from syphilis, and was discharged on Nov 8th!!

Comment

Simmonds

Hello Jon. Info, please? I did not find him in the A-Z. Perhaps the home office files?

Thanks.

The best.
        LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

Whitechapel Infirmary Records

Hopefully it should be found here on Sam`s spreadsheet, post 11:

Discussion for general Whitechapel geography, mapping and routes the killer might have taken. Also the place for general census information and "what was it like in Whitechapel" discussions.

Thanks to Sam Flynn and Chris Scott!!!

Comment

tahnks

Hello Jon. Many thanks.

The best.
            LC

Comment

found

Hello Jon. Thanks again. I found it, reference 2347.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

John Simmonds

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                I have absolutely no interest in Suspect Ripperology but there was an interesting chappy called John Simmonds, who was a 22 yr old hawker who lived at 60 Wentworth St, and he was admitted to the Whitechapel Infirmary a week after the double event suffering from syphilis, and was discharged on Nov 8th!!
                Hi, Jon,

would you please tell me where I can get information on John Simmonds?

Thank you,

curious

Comment

sorry, Jon

should have read the rest of the thread before posting

curious

Comment

Another fatal sexually transmitted brain disease that produces dementia is herpetic encephalitis.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by jsantos View Post
                      What do you think about one of the JTR reasons to have committed the crimes to be a terminal illness, like tuberculosis or cholera...?
                      So, what is the connection between the illness and the crimes?

Wouldn't someone will cholera be too unwell to do such things?

Comment

Limehouse...

It`s true.
                        Nothing justifies this crimes.
                        But somebody with a terminal illness can serve of excuse for his anger. I don`t know, it`s a question...

Comment

Originally posted by jsantos View Post
                          It`s true.
                          Nothing justifies this crimes.
                          But somebody with a terminal illness can serve of excuse for his anger. I don`t know, it`s a question...
                          I see your point, but it's rather unfair to people with terminal illnesses. It reminds me of the theory that J Merrick was the killer because his facial disfigurements made him angry towards women, or that the artist Sickert killed the women because of a penal deformity. Such theories cast people with disabilities, illnesses and disfigurements as crazed victims, unable to control their emotions when, in fact, most people live with their difficulties with dignity and courage.

Comment

Limehouse...

It`s always unfair.
                            But in this case, everything is possible.
                            All the possibilities are welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                              ... there was an interesting chappy called John Simmonds, who was a 22 yr old hawker who lived at 60 Wentworth St, and he was admitted to the Whitechapel Infirmary a week after the double event suffering from syphilis, and was discharged on Nov 8th!!
                              Martin Fido pinned the whole thing on Nathan Kaminsky, on the basis of his having had syphilis and a local address! Seems reasonable! Right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	658147

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	658148

--- Click Either of the Above Images (Scroll to '3288') to View the Complete Register ---

Date: "Tuesday, Oct 9th"
                              Name: "Simmonds, John"
                              Where Admitted From: "60 Wentworth St"
                              Calling: "Hawker"
                              Cause of Admission: "Syphilis"
                              Religion: "Ch of E"
                              Settlement: "5 Months" ***
                              Date of Discharge: "5-11-88" (Possibly "8-11-88")

*** Five-Months residence in the Whitechapel Registration District / Poor Law Union:

Whitechapel Registration District / Poor Law Union - 1888 (Click to Enlarge in flickr)
                              Underlying Aerial Imagery: Copyright Google Earth, 2007
                              Overlying Plots, Labels and Color-Shadings: Copyright Colin C. Roberts, 2009

- The Liberty of Norton Folgate (Green)
                              - The Old Artillery Ground (Aqua)
                              - The Parish of Christ Church Spitalfields (Blue)
                              - The Hamlet of Mile End New Town (Orange)
                              - The Parish of Holy Trinity ('Minories') (Yellow)
                              - The Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel (portion within the County of Middlesex, -1889; the County of London, 1889-1965) (Red)
                              - The Liberty of Her Majesty's Tower of London (Orange)
                              --- {The Liberty of the Tower}
                              --- {The Precinct of Old Tower Without}
                              --- {The Tower}
                              - The Precinct of St. Katharine (Blue)
                              - The Parish of St. Botolph without Aldgate (portion within the County of Middlesex, -1889; the County of London, 1889-1965) (Green)

1881 Census of England & Wales:
                              Registration District: St. George in the East
                              Civil Parish: St. George in the East
                              Registration Sub-District: St. Mary
                              Enumeration District: 2
                              Page: 37

"12 Denmark Street"
                              "John Simmonds"
                              "15"
                              "Scholar"
                              "Middx / London"

A Geographic Profiler's 'dream-come-true'!

60 Wentworth Street, Parish of Christ Church Spitalfields / George Yard Buildings, George Yard, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel (Click to Enlarge in flickr)
                              Underlying Aerial Imagery: Copyright Google Earth, 2007
                              Overlying Plots, Labels and Color-Shadings: Copyright Colin C. Roberts, 2009

Green: 60 Wentworth Street, Parish of Christ Church Spitalfields

Red: George Yard Buildings, George Yard, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel

Green Dot: Murder-Site Mean-Center ('MacNaghten-Five' + Tabram)

Murder-Site Mean-Center (i.e. Murder-Site 'Center of Mass')
                              Southwest Corner of the Intersection of Wentworth Street and Osborn Street, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel, County of Middlesex
                              Longitude: 0° 4' 14.18" West
                              Latitude: 51° 31' 2.06" North

More to follow, regarding the 'Geo-Profile' aspects of this 'Person of Interest' (in a few days)!
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X