Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who

Aside from Ripper stuff, another favorite British pasttime I enjoy is watching the TV program Doctor Who. I'm sad to see David Tennant leaving though, but I am excited to see his fina 2-part episode, especially since The Master is returning. Anyone else here a fan of The Doctor?

P.S. Wouldn't it be cool if they had a DW Ripper episode? I'm surprised they never made one.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Im a child of Skaro.

The on coming storm approaches
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I want a TARDIS for Christmas. Or, if that's too much to ask for, at least a sonic screwdriver or psychic paper.
      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

"I want a TARDIS for Christmas."

You can have one three years ago, if that helps.

Comment

How so, Robert?

Comment

I hate Doctor Who.......Love Fred the Dalek.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Just find Dr Who and ask him to nip back and fix it.

Comment

The last of the original daleks is for sale next February.
                http://www.taraforum.com/

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on a good story of how The Doctor could meet The Ripper?

Comment

Well, the time meddler idea could always be resurrected. I think there was a story c1965, in which Peter Butterworth played a time meddler, complete with his own Tardis, who was trying to muck around with the result of the Battle of Hastings. Bill Hartnell had to stop him. Maybe someone could go back in time and try to save the women - with unforeseen and nasty consequences.

Comment

There was also The Talons of Weng-Chiang, which was rather effectively set in the Limehouse of the Late Victorian Period. Interestingly, one of the main characters was a showman called "Jago" - a hint that the show's writer, Robert Holmes (a former Bow St policeman) might have encountered Arthur Morrison in his research, perhaps?
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        There was also The Talons of Weng-Chiang, which was rather effectively set in the Limehouse of the Late Victorian Period. Interestingly, one of the main characters was a showman called "Jago" - a hint that the show's writer, Robert Holmes (a former Bow St policeman) might have encountered Arthur Morrison in his research, perhaps?
                        ****Anorak Moment****

Jago was played by Christopher Benjamin, who had earlier appeared in the Barlow and Watt investigation of the Ripper case.

Comment

In 1998 a Doctor Who novel, titled Matrix, was published which pitted the Doctor against the Ripper.

Apparently the Ripper is an old enemy of the Doctor's named the "Valeyard" who is murdering women in order to "empower the Dark Matrix," the "evil contained in the thoughts of all deceased Time Lords," which is to be unleashed on the world.

Sounds like it could make a great episode or two.

Wolf.

Comment

I've been a fan of Doctor Who since the mid '70s when I first got my hands on some of the novelizations of the episodes. a few years later the local cable TV company began to carry a channel from New York, as I recall, which played two half-hour episodes every Saturday morning. During the '80s the local PBS station began showing full-length stories without adverts, and I was hopelessly hooked!

Now I have almost all of the Target novelizations of the original series shows, a Tom Baker scarf that Lyn got for me for Christmas one year recently, a David Tennant sonic screwdriver & psychic paper collectible, and friends in England have sent me copies of every episode from 1963 up to the special broadcast last month- even the reconstructions of the shows the BBC deleted from the video archives way back when. Lyn & I have been enjoying the new series episodes, and we're looking forward to seeing Tennant's last 2 eps. in a couple of weeks, as well as seeing what the new actor can bring to the part next year.

Masterpiece Theater-quality acting on a Dark Shadows-shoestring budget makes the original 27 years worth of shows fun to re-watch. With the new series, the budget has been increased to match the fantastic quality of the acting. In any case, it is the story that counts. I've been loving nearly all the stories so far in the new shows.

My only wish would be for another multi-Doctor story featuring *all* the surviving Doctors! But I admit, in order to do them all justice, that'd have to be a huge miniseries rather than a single 2 hour-long story.

Vila
                            "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                            Dan L Hollifield
                            Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                            http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Of course, sometimes things just get too much, even for the Doctor :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X