Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What remained consistent through the C5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What remained consistent through the C5?

Hi all,

I was thinking that with the various differences in locale, types of wounds inflicted, manner of acquisition, and disparity in ages, its clear that if one man did kill all 5, he was if nothing else, flexible. His particular needs or wants seem to change from victim to victim based on the Canonical association, unless of course all he really wanted to do was just cut people open.

But there were things that remained consistent throughout.

-Always after midnight.
    -On a weekend, or with a Holiday attached to one.
    -Before the 10th of the month, or at the end of it.
    -80 percent done in the East End, under Metropolitan Jurisdiction.
    -Always cuts the throats.
    -Chooses only full or part time prostitutes.
    -Is not hampered by lack of direct light
    -Was rarely if ever seen with a victim prior to the kill.
    -Was never seen leaving the crime scene.
    -Performed multiple style injuries, stabs, cuts, extractions..in minutes
    -Never visibly left traces of blood while leaving the scene, 3 times with organs and other parts.
    -Was apparently not visibly threatening, at least enough to address his later victims trust to go somewhere dark with him.
    -80 percent of his kills were North of Whitechapel High Street/Aldgate.

My intention is not to list all I can think of, I really would like to hear from anyone who sees continuity in other areas or aspects, things I wouldn't think of necessarily.

Any input is appreciated,
    Best regards.

Hi Michael,

Maybe this is too basic but all the victims were poor adult white females, no older than middle age and who had a drinking problem.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan,

I hesitated putting down anything relating to age of victim, because if the Canonical Group is an accurate matching of victim with killer, then we have an age range of about 26 to 46. I do believe though without the youngest victim, we would have a man who consistently kills middle-aged Caucasian women, who were on the streets... most likely, plying their trade.

As far as the booze goes, it might have been significant if he only killed sober church women,... and the alcohol doesn't factor into at least two Ripper deaths, Liz's and Kate's. Maybe more, considering Annie's illness that night.

I did think of another one...an obvious one, 80 percent of the Ripper victims had abdominal mutilations.

Another thought.....I find it very interesting that it is predictable roughly when the kills will occur, using the "Kill by the 10th, or at Months end" point.

At least 20 days of each month he was inactive....the same 20 days, from the 10th to Months end, or so we believe.

Best regards Stan.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

In all fairness, Mike, I don't think that 80% constitutes consistancy.

If that's one out of five, that means that the differences in the Stride and the Kelly crimes( compared to Nichols, Chapman Eddowes) disappear into the fold of "consistant".

We don't know if he was "rarely if ever" seen with a victim. What does that mean, anyway? Is it rarely or is it never or is it once ?

We can only speculate if he was visably threatening. We know that some victims were desperate. How threatening would he have to have been to keep them away from him?
        Last edited by mariag; 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM.
        Mags

Comment

Does this not suggest a traveller with a specific itinerary ?

Comment

Hi Trevor,
            Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            Does this not suggest a traveller with a specific itinerary ?
            If you're referring to Mike's...
            Originally posted by perrymason
            At least 20 days of each month he was inactive
            ...then it pays to look again, in that we don't have a consistent 20 day period of inactivity. The killer's inactivity lasted a mere 8 days between Nichols' and Chapman's murder.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

A few off the top of my head

Nichols, Stride, and Kelly all purportedly looked about the same age (30). The exceptions (Chapman and Eddowes) were the ones where time was a serious factor. May or may not mean anything.

Nichols, Stride, and Eddowes were killed in front of large wooden gates. Kelly and Chapman had to walk through a passage to reach their location.

Nichols (hat), Chapman (letter), Stride (cachous), Eddowes (thimble). 4 of the 5 have personal belongings in or near their hand. Kelly's hand was shoved inside of her.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

80% were mothers and then there's that pregnancy rumor for the other 20%.

In connection with Tom's, left hands, what?, calling attention to themselves:
                Nichols--touching the gate.
                Chapman--rings taken and on breast.
                Stride--cachous.
                Eddowes--intestine piece.
                Kelly--inside her.

Comment

Paul I think I'd like to figure out if there was a symbology in those things you just listed. It does sound a little planned to me.
                  "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
                    Paul I think I'd like to figure out if there was a symbology in those things you just listed.
                    Might I suggest some symbols that might indeed explain most of these phenomena? What I have in mind is:

F = G(m1m2)/r²

...which is Newton's Law of Gravitation. The thimble, hat, cachous, buttons, ear lobe (etc.) that were found in proximity to various victims may just have lain where they had fallen. Likewise, the victims' hands lay in pretty normal configurations, as far as I can see.

Whereas traditional rippertage would have it that Kelly's hand was pushed into her stomach, the photographic evidence of the murder scene points to a less sensational interpretation. Kelly's arm and hand are lying in a perfectly natural, and somewhat elevated, position across the abdominal cavity. And, let's face it, there was no stomach left for it to be pushed into anyway!
                    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 03-13-2008, 10:58 PM.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Paul,

Regarding my post - Nichols' hat was near her hand. The letter portion was probably in Chapman's hand when she went to the ground, her hands curling up on her chest when her throat was cut. I didn't mention anything about 'left hands'.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom, I know you didn't say anything about LEFT hands. That's why I had made the point of mothers, and then said "In connection with Tom's, left hands, what?, calling attention. . . .," meaning Tom's point in the previous post. I didn't say. . . Tom's left hands. . .."

I was just trying to give you credit for already bringing up some of the points I was using--points like cachous and "Kelly's hand was shoved inside her" so for that point, I now, in turn, refer Sam to you, while I go to check on the Ripper's use of Newton.

I'm sorry if there was confusion.

For Chapman, Phillips says, "[Her] left hand was across her left breast."

Paul
                        Last edited by paul emmett; 03-14-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Paul,

Okay, I'm less confused now, but only a little. Ha ha. Incidentally, Eddowes' thimble was by her right hand and Chapman's envelope (if it indeed fell from her hand) would have fallen from her right hand, so I'm not sure there's a left hand thing going on with our Jack.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi,Tom, around here a little less confused is a major step. Seriously, I was never using the thimble or the envelope, so I'm OK with them having been in, or ending up near, right hands. I was just pointing out, I had hoped, things that JTR "did" with left hands. So I do think there was a left hand thing going on; I'm just confused about what it was. And Newton has been of very little help.

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Other than with Kelly, I don't see that Jack did anything with left hands. Stride would already have been holding the cachous prior to death, and in the case of Kelly, it's likely just a matter of practicality - he was off to the left side of the bed and thus reached for the arm closest to him.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                              X