Cutbush and Kosminski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutbush and Kosminski

Thomas Cutbush and Aaron Kosminski, though from different backgrounds, have some striking similarities.

The same age, both had free time on their hands while supported by their respective families. Both were accused of using a knife, Cutbush to stab women on the street, Kosminski waving it at his sister. Both were committed insane the same year. Both were police suspects, Inspector Race showing interest in Cutbush, while McNaghten and Swanson named Kosminski.

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

They're the most interesting suspects to me, although I definitely don't think either of them were the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
      Thomas Cutbush and Aaron Kosminski, though from different backgrounds, have some striking similarities.

The same age, both had free time on their hands while supported by their respective families. Both were accused of using a knife, Cutbush to stab women on the street, Kosminski waving it at his sister. Both were committed insane the same year. Both were police suspects, Inspector Race showing interest in Cutbush, while McNaghten and Swanson named Kosminski.

Roy
      I thought this, too.

Cutbush was also paranoid about being poisoned and would only eat food prepared by his Mother.

And, supposedly Cutbush was mistakenly taken for a Jew.

Comment

Also, the name Kosminski is the Polish word for someone who prunes shrubbery.

Maybe not.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post

Maybe not.

Mike
          Outstanding find. Another one in the eye for the Kosminski enthusiasts.

That's settled then. Kosminski is, or was rather, in actual factual Cutbush.

Did anyone realise that Frederick Bailey Deeming and Montague Druitt were the same person?

I'm not paranoid about these things, although I did reasonably conclude a while back that this whole site is an elaborate plot for the police to keep check on my activities, and nothing I have seen or read since has led me to a change of mind.

Comment

I just want to inject a little perspective in that there is a WORLD of difference between waving a knife at your sister and stabbing women. That's not a commonality. It's the difference between honking a a pedestrian in irritation and running him down.
            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
              I just want to inject a little perspective in that there is a WORLD of difference between waving a knife at your sister and stabbing women. That's not a commonality. It's the difference between honking a a pedestrian in irritation and running him down.
              C'mon, they were friendly little butt jabs that were deeper than intended. Yet, some knife attacks begin with a threatening wave of a weapon. I'm sure Kosminski was capable of way more than that or his family wouldn't have thrown him to the wolves.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

C'mon, they were friendly little butt jabs that were deeper than intended. Yet, some knife attacks begin with a threatening wave of a weapon. I'm sure Kosminski was capable of way more than that or his family wouldn't have thrown him to the wolves.

Mike
                Sure.. and some road warrior deaths start with honking.

And whatever prompted Kosminski's family to commit him, it wasn't the knife incident. Because apparently they let that slide for some time before getting the authorities involved. So either it wasn't a big deal, or it wasn't considered a real threat.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Maybe not.

Mike
                  HaHa. now that's funny
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    Sure.. and some road warrior deaths start with honking.

And whatever prompted Kosminski's family to commit him, it wasn't the knife incident. Because apparently they let that slide for some time before getting the authorities involved. So either it wasn't a big deal, or it wasn't considered a real threat.
                    Hi Errata
                    I beg to differ. we don't know exactly when the knife incident took place. My guess is that it was the catalyst for getting him sent away and/or getting the police involved. It was probably that incident that was the final straw for his family-its one thing to be a burden but quite another to be a threat.
                    And there is no way that threatening someone with a knife "wasn't a big deal". Plus the mere fact that it was told to a dr and recorded means it was important.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post

Roy
                      This is not surprising. The similarities are exactly the sort of details we would expect multiple suspects to have in common. Possibly part of what makes them suspects.
                      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Working...
                      X