Colney Hatch Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colney Hatch Records

Am I mistaken or aren't there some records that will be released from Colney Hatch pertaining to Aaron in 2019, 100 years after his death? If so, what exactly will these records contain? Thanks

Hi

By 2019 the case may have been cracked!

Comment

Hi Samuelson

I don't think there is any more to come. Researchers have seen both the Colney Hatch and the Leavesden notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I don't think there is any more to come. Researchers have seen both the Colney Hatch and the Leavesden notes.
        Yes, all the known records concerned Aaron have been seen. The closure of asylum records at the LMA is determined by the dates of the records themselves, not by the dates of death of the patients. Some of Aaron's Leavesden records are closed in theory, but in practice there seems to be no difficulty about getting permission to see them. I posted some details of these supposedly closed records a couple of months ago:

Comment

For some reason I thought there were going to be records that came out pertaining to his death and consequently his physical description. Since from the records we do have, it seems he was a man of smaller stature, I've often wondered if the man that was watched and described by Sagar and Cox was Kosminski. I say this because I remember Cox mentioning the man's height as quite short, about 5'. He also mentioned the man in question was working and that they went to his place of work as customers. However, it was also mentioned that Aaron had not worked for a few years prior to being put into the asylumn, so one would think this would discount him as this man in question being watched by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuelson1982 View Post
            For some reason I thought there were going to be records that came out pertaining to his death and consequently his physical description. Since from the records we do have, it seems he was a man of smaller stature, I've often wondered if the man that was watched and described by Sagar and Cox was Kosminski. I say this because I remember Cox mentioning the man's height as quite short, about 5'. He also mentioned the man in question was working and that they went to his place of work as customers. However, it was also mentioned that Aaron had not worked for a few years prior to being put into the asylumn, so one would think this would discount him as this man in question being watched by the police.
            Cox actually says the suspect he watched was five foot six. Unfortunately we don't know Aaron's height, but on the whole I think it's likely he would have been shorter than that.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. I would also be under the assumption that Aaron was shorter than 5'6" given his weight. Therefore, the man being watched by the police probably not being Aaron.
              Does anyone happen to know where I could find Cox's written account of this man? I've gotten a new computer and can't remember where I read it. Thanks

Comment

Does anyone happen to know where I could find Cox's written account of this man? I've gotten a new computer and can't remember where I read it. Thanks
                You can find an extract relating to the suspect here:

(You'll need to scroll down a bit to find it.)

I don't think the full article is available on the Internet, but it was printed by Evans and Skinner, in The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook.

Comment

The man we suspected was about five feet size inches in height, with short, black, curly hair, and he had a habit of taking late walks abroad.

Thanks Chris

This was the extract I was talking about where it says the suspect was five feet tall. Is the six just missing from this account for some reason? I remember the first time I read this, it seemed as though the inches were missing or something didn't sound right in that sentence.

Comment

The man we suspected was about five feet size inches in height, with short, black, curly hair, and he had a habit of taking late walks abroad.
                    This was the extract I was talking about where it says the suspect was five feet tall. Is the six just missing from this account for some reason? I remember the first time I read this, it seemed as though the inches were missing or something didn't sound right in that sentence.
                    Yes - I think the text has been scanned and then OCR applied to the image. The height should read "five feet six inches".

Comment

Working...
                    X