Came across this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across this....

Came across this article. Seems someone has linked an 1886 murder to Jack. What does everyone think? Not personally convinced but interesting suggestion.

Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Thanks for posting this Adam, interesting.
    I think the woman concerned was Catherine Mallows, the inquest jury returned a verdict of death by suicide while mentally derranged.
    So I guess I'm not totally convinced either.

Comment

duh! I see there are other pages to this beyond the first page...
      Interesting find Adam...I'll read the rest of it now.

Comment

signature

Hello Uncle. This is very interesting. Of course, it is quite a distance from the main action of '88, so he would have moved his "base."

On the other hand, she seems to have been inflicted with the characteristic signature of the 2 cuts.

It would, perhaps, be fruitful, to trace some of the prime suspects during that time. Of course, the 2 K's (Kosminski and Kaminski) would be only 21 at that time.

Good find!

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

I wonder whether the man who killed either some or all of the Canonicals had to have had a start before that Fall of 88....although that 2 cuts part is interesting.

I think earlier victims or later victims would suggest a madman on the loose to whom killing is a compulsion. But I dont think the earlier murders suggest that killing was anything but a step towards the ultimate goal.

Did Jack kill because he had to kill...or did he kill for reasons that occur after death? Meaning...I think the REAL JtR would not just kill.

All the best.

Comment

suicide logistics

Hello. Does anyone have an insight concerning the logistics of cutting one's own throat twice?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

It happens time and time again here in this forum hehe

Observer

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello. Does anyone have an insight concerning the logistics of cutting one's own throat twice?

Cheers.
                LC
                Hi Lynn,

I do know that self inflicted throat cuts were not really rare as suicide attempts during that period....one case involves a young man from Poplar on the day Mary Jane is buried, in his fathers marine store,... and he managed to slit his own throat fatally while fighting off people trying to stop him...including his father.

If trying to slit your own throat twice, I would think one would need to have muscle control... and the will to do so. If the first cut doesnt damage any nerves, .....who knows.

Cheers Lynn.

Comment

hara kiri

Hello Mike. Could be. I suppose it may be similar to genuine hara kiri where the knife is inserted into the abdomen, and drawn from left to right and then up. Quite painful when done properly. It takes--as you say--a good deal of determination.

The best.
                  LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello Mike. Could be. I suppose it may be similar to genuine hara kiri where the knife is inserted into the abdomen, and drawn from left to right and then up. Quite painful when done properly. It takes--as you say--a good deal of determination.

The best.
                    LC
                    Thats the example I thought of when replying......great minds and all that.

Cheers Lynn

Comment

Working...
                    X