Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trial of Jack the Ripper (Euan Macpherson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trial of Jack the Ripper (Euan Macpherson)

I have just compiled an index to Euan Macpherson' 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper' (Mainstream Publishing 2005). The author is happy for me to make this index available to readers of his book.

It will be published as a simple A5 booklet with a print run of 50 numbered copies: 10 to the author, one to the British Library as legal deposit, and the rest to be distributed among interested Ripperologists. The booklet is #2 in my occasional series providing indexes to important Jack the Ripper associated texts published originally without an index. I am an accredited member of the Society of Indexers, so I like to think the index is a serious, professional job.

If anyone owns a copy of 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper' and would appreciate an index to it, please send me a Private Message (together with an address to which I can mail the booklet). The booklet is being offered free of charge to serious students of the case, and there won't be a problem mailing overseas. I expect to have the booklets ready by the end of this week.

Incidentally, Mr Macpherson has just told me that Radio Scotland is running a half-hour programme called "The Dundee Ripper" on Friday 13th November (at11.30am), repeated at midnight and repeated again on Sunday 15th at 10.30am. You should be able to get it on "Listen again" through the BBC website. Sounds a definite MUST for anyone interested in the Bury candidacy.

Best wishes

David A. Green
    A true crime book without an index is itself a crime.

That's a very kind offer, David. I'm sure we all appreciate the effort you put into this.

P.S. Make sure you sign all the copies you distribute.

Comment

Interviewed

Originally posted by dag View Post
      Incidentally, Mr Macpherson has just told me that Radio Scotland is running a half-hour programme called "The Dundee Ripper" on Friday 13th November (at11.30am), repeated at midnight and repeated again on Sunday 15th at 10.30am. You should be able to get it on "Listen again" through the BBC website. Sounds a definite MUST for anyone interested in the Bury candidacy.
      Best wishes
      David A. Green
      I was interviewed for this programme yesterday and I understand that there will also be contributions from Don Rumbelow, Bill Beadle and Mark Galloway, as well as Euan of course.
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who got in touch. Your copies (including overseas copies) were posted this morning.

I have 12 copies left, so please send me a PM if you'd like a free copy of an index to 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper'.

Where does the author discuss William Bury's psychopathy?
        What happened at the Nelson Tavern?
        Who is the Reverend Gough? What role did he play in the Bury story?

You need an index to find your way quickly and efficiently around a book.

Speaking with Robert McLaughlin, his 'The First JtR Victim Photographs' will be the next book to be indexed.

Best wishes

David A. Green
        A true crime book without an index is itself a crime.

Comment

Hi David,

It arrived today and what a useful and well-executed piece of work it is. We appreciate your efforts: you are a first-rate indexer. Thank you very much.

Comment

Me too, David. Thank you.

I used your index to look up the page for Alexander Macpherson, a local jeweller who served on the jury. Do you reckon he was any relation to the author?

Roy
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

Very Useful

David is providing a very useful facility for those with the books in question, and for no reward. He is to be heartily thanked.
              SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by dag View Post
                Thanks to everyone who got in touch. Your copies (including overseas copies) were posted this morning.

I have 12 copies left, so please send me a PM if you'd like a free copy of an index to 'The Trial of Jack the Ripper'.

Where does the author discuss William Bury's psychopathy?
                What happened at the Nelson Tavern?
                Who is the Reverend Gough? What role did he play in the Bury story?

You need an index to find your way quickly and efficiently around a book.

Speaking with Robert McLaughlin, his 'The First JtR Victim Photographs' will be the next book to be indexed.

Best wishes

David A. Green
                David, a thousand thank you's for the index, which arrived safely. It is invaluable for all the cross referencing!

Regarding Robert McLaughlin's book, I have been trying to find a copy. Does anyone know where I would be able to get one?

Comment

Originally posted by lemonjelly View Post
                  David, a thousand thank you's for the index, which arrived safely. It is invaluable for all the cross referencing!

Regarding Robert McLaughlin's book, I have been trying to find a copy. Does anyone know where I would be able to get one?
                  It's a great index isn't it, really helps when looking through the book.

As for Robert's book, it would be easier to get hold of a politician that told the truth than Robert's excellent tome.
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                    It's a great index isn't it, really helps when looking through the book.

As for Robert's book, it would be easier to get hold of a politician that told the truth than Robert's excellent tome.
                    How True! In both respects!

Comment

Working...
                    X