The "Dirty Vicar" Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Dirty Vicar" Ripper

I was recently watching an episode of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" where they did the "Dirty Vicar Sketch. As I watched it, the idea of the "Dirty Vicar" as the Ripper occured to me. In the sketch, he wears a top hat (like the classic Ripper image) and goes about attacking women (more specifically, trying to rape them). LOL, I know it's silly but it just occured to me as I was watching the program. "I find the grounds delightful and the servants most attentive...particularly, the little serving maid WITH THE GREAT BIG KNOCKERS!!! Mmmmmuaaahhhh!!!" Maybe we should do some investigating to see ifthere was a Dirty Vicar in Whitechapel in 1888.

To see the sketch, here is the address:
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

zealot or hypocrite

Hello. This is an interesting scenario.

Are you suggesting, perhaps, a religious zealot who is trying to "put away sin," or a blatant hypocrite with approach/avoidance tendencies?

(Mr. Flynn, will you chastise me for using psychological terminology? gulp!)

LC

Comment

hi lynn,

I mentioned it only because I thought the clip was funny. But, in some of the mutilations, I would not rule out the possibility that there seems to be some religious ritual element in some of the mutilations.

Also, I believe some of the JTR letters contaiend biblical references too. I don't beleivei n the whole Masonic connection though.
      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

One of my all time favourite sketches from Monty Python's Flying Circus!

Unfortunately, he was the vicar of St. Loony-up-the-cream-bun-and-jam, which isn't located anywhere near the east end of London.

Not that I'm aware of anyway!

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

There was of course the man with the 'Oirish' accent and clerical collar who enquired about Lusk's address in the local cheese shop. Eh, no, sorry, not cheese shop.
          aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

We have a serious suspect who no-one knows much about who could certainly be classified as a religious zealot....he was voluntarily castrated to join a religious sect, and was responsible for the murders of perhaps 5 prostitutes in Paris early in the 1880's. He called himself the "Savior of Souls".

Vasilev.

Released from incarceration for the whore murders in Paris late in 1887, his last known location was to be sailing towards London in January 1888.

2 books were published by that December, 1888, on the Ripper,........... one self published by a new york author, and both books accused Vasilev of being the Whitechapel Murderer.

Cheers all.

Comment

Vasilev

Hello. Which of our chaps is in charge of Vasilev research?

LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello. Which of our chaps is in charge of Vasilev research?

LC
                None. Youll find some background on the story by searching the press and some dissertations.....but the story on this suspect is that the details we are given regarding his life have not been authenticated. We have credible sources, including the French government...but no paper trail that leads us to him.

So for that reason, he remains in my mind one of the most probable suspects based on what can be found about him in the press, but not really viable, because nothings been authenticated about him.

He's in suspects under Vassily.

Cheers Lynn
                Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Heres a good snippet from Vasilev's file.....

"On 28 November 1888, both the Pall Mall Gazette and the Daily Telegraph published articles which began as follows: "The Novosti, a Russian paper, is responsible for the following startling revelation regarding the Whitechapel murderer: 'He was born in Tiraspol in South Russia in 1847, and graduated at the Odessa University. After 1870 he became a fanatical Anarchist, and emigrated to Paris, where he went out of his mind'". The articles concluded: "He went to London, and there lodged with different compatriot refugees until the first woman was assassinated in Whitechapel, since which time his friends have not seen him".

Cheers again Ms Cates

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hawker View Post
                    There was of course the man with the 'Oirish' accent and clerical collar who enquired about Lusk's address in the local cheese shop. Eh, no, sorry, not cheese shop.

It's not much of a cheese shop, is it?

Finest in the district, sir.

Explain the logic to that conclusion, please!

Well ,it's so clean, sir.

Well, it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese. LOL

Comment

Why stop with a vicar? Why not the Spanish Inquisition?

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

errata

Hello. Why not the Spanish inquisition? Because N-O-B-O-D-Y expects the Spanish Inquisiton! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, a ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Mr. Mason, I must look into this Vassily character. Sounds interesting. (By the way, I'm male.) Thanks very much!

LC

Comment

Ripper thoughts or in ripper land during a Monty Python sketch. Please give me the brand of your drink.
                          Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                          M. Pacana

Comment

fluid of choice

Hello. Twinings Darjeeling, of course.

LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello. Twinings Darjeeling, of course.

LC
                              Surely you really meant to say Earl Grey?

Im glad youre intrigued by this Vasiliev Lynn....in my opinion he is too far off most everybodies radar at present.

Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                              X