Rippercast Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast Update

As many of you are aware, Rippercast is on TEMPORARY hiatus. After the host, editor and publisher Jonathon Menges moved to California, he found his time was consumed with new work commitments and priorities which made the scheduling and editing of Rippercast difficult to accommodate.

Two weeks ago, I agreed to take on the duties of editing and recording Rippercast. I am currently learning how to handle the technical aspects of Rippercast ( as such, the production quality might suffer a tad in the next couple of episodes until I get into the swing of things and we thank you for your patience.)

Rippercast is currently looking for Guest Hosts to take the place of Jonathon until such time as his schedule permits him to resume his duties. If you would like to Guest Host a podcast, be a panelist, or would like to suggest a topic, please send me a PM. Hopefully Rippercast will be back up and running by the end of the month, though it will have a reduced schedule. We will post a list of upcoming topics within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for your continued interest.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Thanks for the update Ally, I have been missing the podcast some fierce.
    "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

Hey Ally, all the best with taking over - twould be a tragedy to see Rippercast go belly up!
      Bailey
      Wellington, New Zealand
      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Some suggestions:

Pirate Jack interviewing Stewart Evans (for pure entertainment value).

Give Ben Holme an hour to talk about anything EXCEPT Hutch. Inquiring minds want to know.

A Neal Shelden/Dan Norder stand-off, mediated by Howard Brown. Now that would be sweet!

A Stride panel with AP Wolf, Fisherman, Perry Mason, and myself.

Strike that...a Stride panel with just me would be more productive.

Don Souden on how awesome it is to be Don Souden.

Pirate Jack on how awesome it is to be Paul Begg.

An All-Groupie panel featuring Ally, Pamela Des Barres and Sweet Connie.

I hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Congratulations on your new role, Ally! Not an insubstantial task to agree to take on. We who are new to the whole Ripperology scene-who learn a lot from the existing 'casts-salute you.

Jonathon Menges will be missed. I hope he can perhaps continue to call in & take part? Whenever the next Conference is he deserves a round of applause & foot-stomping from the hoi polloi. Thanks again Jon!

Comment

As long as the podcast stays in the control of Americans. That's what really matters.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hey Tom, long time no see and all that... why should the podcast be controlled by the 'Yankee Dollar'?
              You want us all to wear orange jump suits and jump when you crack the electrical charge.
              The future is bright, the future is orange.
              Not when this monkey is about.

Comment

Well, the Mengemeister and Ally are both American. Coincidence? I think not. It's all about the 'Yankee Dollar', AP.

I am now Executive Producer of the Podcast.

I am now in control of all things.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Welcome news, Tom, is that you do not control alcohol.
                  So I'll have a double on you.

Comment

Tom,

Don Souden on how awesome it is to be Don Souden.

If it only paid better--a whole lot better.

On a serious note, though, it really is not a humorous subject for Neal Shelden and Norder's other creditors.

Don.
                    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      As long as the podcast stays in the control of Americans. That's what really matters.
                      Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Seriously, I was listening to one of the rippercasts yesterday, ruminating on how refreshing it was to hear the UK & Welsh (and one Canadian) voices outnumber our american ones on a podcast or radio--a nice aural change. The UK voices particularly represent a range I don't often hear on the BBC or at work(where nearly everyone seems to come from either London or Manchester).
                      I just enjoy accents on the ear-Philly too, Howard.

Comment

Hi, Jenny.

I agree with you, I really enjoy hearing all the different accents.

I was born a California girl, so unfortunately I don't even have an accent... sigh......

Best regards, Archaic

PS: Try to get Sam to talk Welsh to you- you'll love it!

Comment

Re accents, I will never appear on a podcast but if I did, I would speak Unwinese.

Remarkabold!

Goodlibylode!

Comment

Oh deep joy Robert
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Speaking In Tongues

Wouldn't it be cool if somebody could come on and give an entire podcast speaking Ubbi Dubbi? (aka Double Dutch)

Rippercast could be a veritable Tower of Babble.

I mean, Bubabble.

I think.

Cheers, Archaic

Comment

Working...
                              X