Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Ludwig

Ok Folks,
    Tonight I am playing with the opinion that Jack The Ripper was more than one person. I know the arguement is that there couldn't possibly be more than one person in London in 1888 that is sick enough to be Jack, and some days I fell the same way, but after seeing post #2 by protohistorian on the Population totals thread
    http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=3003
    I would say it is very possible.

With this in mind I give you one Charles Ludwig and sugest he may once again be considered suspect.

From Jack the Ripper: an encyclopedia By John J. Eddleston. page 222

“early on the morning of 18th September 1888 Elizabeth Burns was taken to Three Kings Court by Ludwig, who brandished a knife when they were alone. Her cries of murder brought Constable John Johnson to her aid, and he saw Ludwig off. Burns did not mention the knife until after the man had left She had not wanted to say anything about it while he was still there. Johnson went after Ludwig but he had vanished.”

The rest I will paraphrase to keep this shorter.

Ludwigs landlord testified that he had blood stained hands the day of Annie Chapmans murder. His landlord also said of him; "He is always in a bad temper and grinds his teeth with rage. His landlord also believed he had some knowledge of anatomy becouse he was an assistant to German Army doctors and that he always carried razors and scissors with him and often asociated with prostitutes.

Ludwig is dismissed as a Ripper suspect becosue he was still in custody the night of the double event. All this proves is that he is not the killer of Stride and Eddows.

Could Ludwig still be the fiend responsible for some/any of the other murders?
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'
Working...
X