I know that one of the great mysteries of the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that one of the great mysteries of the

I know that one of the great mysteries of the Russian Revolution relates to the mugshots that the Czar, Czarina and their children were forced to pose for while imprisoned at Tobolsk. You know remembering J Edgar's invasive nosiness, I wonder if Stalin or Dzerzhinsky(NKVD head) kept them
    Was it common or even the practice in that period to take mugshots? I have seen Butch Cassidy's mugshots dating from the 1880's. Did any of the Ripper Victims ever pose for mugshots or were they not considered important enough. I remember that Tumblety was arrested in England? Any chance that he posed for a mugshot? Where would be they be, if they still existed. I just hate to think these are the only pictures of Mary Kelly.

Originally posted by bkohatl View Post
    I know that one of the great mysteries of the Russian Revolution relates to the mugshots that the Czar, Czarina and their children were forced to pose for while imprisoned at Tobolsk. You know remembering J Edgar's invasive nosiness, I wonder if Stalin or Dzerzhinsky(NKVD head) kept them
    Was it common or even the practice in that period to take mugshots? I have seen Butch Cassidy's mugshots dating from the 1880's. Did any of the Ripper Victims ever pose for mugshots or were they not considered important enough. I remember that Tumblety was arrested in England? Any chance that he posed for a mugshot? Where would be they be, if they still existed. I just hate to think these are the only pictures of Mary Kelly.
    Robert L. Parker's 'mugshot' is from 1894, taken when he was imprisoned at the Wyoming territorial Prison in Laramie.
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting" - Ernest Rutherford

Comment

Working...
    X