The grave of Sir William Gull - recent photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The grave of Sir William Gull - recent photos

A friend of mine moved recently to within a few miles of Thorpe le Soken in Essex. It is in this village that William Gull is buried and my friend kindly visited the church and took some photos of the Gull grave. He told me that the grave is extensively damaged. The cross that once surmounted the grave is now detached and propped up nearby. However, fresh flowers were present on the grave so it is still receiving visitors. The grave of William Gull is located under a tree, and the grave next to it is also in the name of Gull, and this was photographed as well. The inscription on this grave reads as follows:
    In Memoriam
    Sarah Gull, Wife, Died 1848
    Emma Wilson Gull, Wife, Died 1884
    John Gull, Husband and Father, died 1888
    I am also including a pic of the church in whose graveyard Gull's grave is located
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Scott; 06-23-2009, 03:21 PM.

Very interesting photos Chris.
    It's amazing how such a powerful figure in the reign of Queen Victoria now has a broken and insignificant grave.

Comment

So thats where Jack lays.......

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Esther

Comment

Jack, he was not. Even if think of him as a Ripper suspect in his own right without the Royal Conspiracy nonsense, the man was in his seventies and suffered a stroke the year before the murders!
          I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Working...
          X