the depth of sociopathy in Klosowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the depth of sociopathy in Klosowski

on page 6 Adam relates the purchase of a boat, and on page seven Klosowski's sailing ability is characterized as "hazardous". So delusional was this man, that in his mind he could sail and he was willing to put his life in jeopardy based on that perception. His own safety is not a priority, or rather his interpretation of reality is not as perilous to him as to the outside observer. This sounds very much like the kind of thought that went into kill site selection of the whitechapel killer. Respectfully Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Dave, I'm hoping that you realise from the documents released at his OB trial that he was aged 22 in 1888?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
      Dave, I'm hoping that you realise from the documents released at his OB trial that he was aged 22 in 1888?
      Indeed I do sir! But thanks for keeping me honest! Respectfully Dave

Comment

Wait a minute. So you are saying that a man who purchases a vehicle that they are not skilled enough to drive well is indicative of sociopathy. To me that's more indicative of lack of reasoning on your part. If that's the case, every man in america driving a motorcycle or a hot rod is a sociopath. It's not indicative of sociopathy, it's indicative of boys liking their vroom vroom toys, no matter what century they are in.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
          Wait a minute. So you are saying that a man who purchases a vehicle that they are not skilled enough to drive well is indicative of sociopathy. To me that's more indicative of lack of reasoning on your part. If that's the case, every man in america driving a motorcycle or a hot rod is a sociopath. It's not indicative of sociopathy, it's indicative of boys liking their vroom vroom toys, no matter what century they are in.
          Innability to sail is part of coming from a landlocked country, thinking you can sail because you have a boat is delusional, delusional to the point of risking ones life is a pathology. This does not prove the pathology, it demonstrates it in operation.

Comment

Thinking that because a person was born in a landlocked country they are prohibited from ever learning, is indicative of deeply flawed thinking. The fact that he was BORN in a landlocked country didn't prohibit him from getting to a water surrounded country now did it? Maybe he loved the water, maybe he loved the sea and wanted to learn considering he was NOW living in a country surrounded by water. I know plenty of people who came from Kansas, or Ohio and moved to Florida and bought a boat. It's not like it's the most unusual thing in the world. If you are trying to prove a depth of aberrant behavior, you really ought to pick aberrant behaviors and not common behaviors shared by millions of people on the planet.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Poland isn't a landlocked country, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                He was from modern Slovakia

Comment

Chris, Good point regarding the fact that Poland is not landlocked. Which is still irrelevant since he'd been living on an ISLAND country for about ten years or so before he bought the boat.
                  Last edited by Ally; 06-14-2009, 01:37 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                    He was from modern Slovakia
                    Wherever did you get that idea?

He was from Kolo, which is in Poland, just as it was in 1865.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Poland didn't even exist, it was part of the Russia, Germany, Austria and who ever else took a piece from her during the 150 years or so of her non-existence, until the end of the first World War.

People can also learn to sail on lakes.

This is a picture from the town were Klosowski was born
                      "Humour is seriously wasted on this site."

-- Soothy

Comment

Koło was part of the region officially known as the Kingdom of Poland (or "Congress Poland") from 1815 to 1915. Kłosowski was born just outside Koło, in a tiny village named Nagorna. Here it is on a pre-WWII map:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nagorna-greyscale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	657170

That's slap-bang in the middle of Poland.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Philzilla View Post
                          This is a picture from the town were Klosowski was born
                          Lovely picture, Phil... but the filename has "Lublin" in it. As far as I know, Kłosowski had no connection with Lublin, and he certainly wasn't born there.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Lovely picture, Phil... but the filename has "Lublin" in it. As far as I know, Kłosowski had no connection with Lublin, and he certainly wasn't born there.
                            Whoops, you are correct.
                            Well it is a picture of Poles on a lake, sailing.
                            Here is a picture of sailboats on a lake outside of Warsaw,
                            where Klosowski went to school for surgeon stuff
                            He first apprenticed in Zwolen which is 40 something miles from Lublin.
                            point being all one needs to sail boats is enough water and enough wind.
                            Last edited by Philzilla; 06-14-2009, 03:02 AM.
                            "Humour is seriously wasted on this site."

-- Soothy

Comment

Hi Protohistorian.

As a point of clarification, a person suffering delusions such that they lose touch with reality is not necessarily sociopathic – which itself is a relatively new term generally used to describe a psychopath harbouring malicious or criminal intent to others. The personality type that you are describing is a psychotic. And, whatever his real identity, Jack the Ripper could not have exercised such a high degree of control over his victims and crime scene venues had he been psychotic.

Regards,

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Working...
                              X