Georgina Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgina Moore

In an old book (1987) called Perfect Murder there is an account of the abduction and murder of 7 y.o. Gerogins Moore in 1882 written by Bernard Taylor which seems to be an interesting case but I have failed to find any other account of the story has anyone else heard of the case?
    Last edited by brummie; 05-20-2009, 10:03 PM.

This is the case as announced in Reynolds's Newspaper, 08 January 1882.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgina Moore.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	656968

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hi brummie,

I actually included a brief account of the case as part of an article I wrote for America's Most Wanted News Magazine that was published 7 or 8 years back. There are a few paragraphs about it in Martin Fido's The Chronicle of Crime and some other places that I don't recall right now. I always wondered if the murder might have been connected with the Ham Vanishings. AP is up on the also, I believe.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Afraid I don't know anything about the Ham vanishings but although Esther Pay was aquitted of the killing of Georgina, there certainly appeared to be a large amount of circumstantial evidence that she was reponsible as an act of some sort of vengeance after being dumped by her lover, Georginas father.

Comment

Colin Wilson wrote a chapter about Georgina Moore in one of his crime anthologies. I've got the book somewhere, but it'd take days to find. I always find Colin Wilson slightly anaesthetic, I have to say...

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

The first I ever heard of the case was from Wilson in The Book of Lists #2 (1979) where he had a top ten mysterious murder list. He just mentioned it as one he considered for the list and that didn't make it. Wilson didn't give any details - just the name Esther Pay.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
            X