Another Maybrick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Maybrick?

OK here is a way out thought. I was reading up on the works of Stephan Adams AKA Michael Maybrick and I came across a few things that taken alone wouldnt mean much but when put all together may add up to something different.

Here is what started my thoughts in this direction tonight.
    Israel Schwartz testimony seems to place two men, working together, at the site of the Stride murder. (makes me wonder if Jack had a Partner)

Michael Maybrick had a very close relationship with his librettist (the guy that wrote the words to his music) Fred Weatherly. So unusual that the family figured they where homosexual lovers.

Now I know this is a leap but, people thought that about Leonard Lake and Charles Ng when in fact they where only murder partners.

I have not read Shirley Harrison's book. Nor have I seen any of the pages in the suposed diary. Im hoping those of you that have had the opurtunity to read the actual diary can answer this question.

Assuming the Diary is legitamate. Would there be absolute evidence in the diary itself to say that James was the author? Or would it be possible that Michael was the author.

could we have the wrong Maybrick?

I know thats a lot of speculation with no real connection but could it be possible?

Oh ya just one more ODD thing Michael and Fred colaborated on a song called "They all love Jack" in 1898
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

The diary does state that the author is James Maybrick,as does the watch which was found with his signature and the initials of the C5 scratched on it,so i think we are safe to assume it was him - if it was genuine.

Comment

Ok thanks.

i guess that blows that idea too. So I am left with time traveling vampires from mars as my only remaining suspect.
      'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Probably more chance of that than the diary being genuine LOL...

Comment

I reserve my judgement on the authenticity of the diary until science proves conclusivly one way or the other. But just another thought here could Michael have written it and used James name instead? Might that explain some of the issues that hold this document up from being accepted. I guess I really must get a look at the diary or find a transcript to read so i wont have so many questions.

Comment

To be honest it is a fascinating read and is very believable,whoever did it put a lot of effort into it,and of course as you say,until proven otherwise who knows ?
            I would love it to be genuine....

Comment

Any leads on where I can view a transcript of the diary?

Comment

I only read it in Shirley Harrison's book where she prints the original written pages as written by the writer and then re-typed out as some of the writing is difficult to read at the end,so that is the easiest place to start

Comment

thanks.
                  Ive been reading Melvin Harris's dissertation on here and am finding more to make me think maybe it could have been written by Michael maybe with Fred Weatherly as a co-author. Take this senario for instance, Michael writes the 8 little whores poem and Fred writes the following passage, 'It shall come, if Michael can succeed in rhyming verse then I can do better,a great deal better he shall not outdo me'"

Comment

"Ive been reading Melvin Harris's dissertation on here and am finding more to make me think maybe it could have been written by Michael maybe with Fred Weatherly as a co-author."

Thanks for this unintended slice of hilarity, smez.

But we can't have poor Mel turning in his grave lest anyone infer from your words that his words prompted you to think any such thing. For the record, his theory was that Michael and Anne Barrett knowingly handled and placed a post-1988 hoax created and penned by A N Other - not one created by Michael and Fred to finger Florie's hubby.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
                      To be honest it is a fascinating read and is very believable,whoever did it put a lot of effort into it,and of course as you say,until proven otherwise who knows ?
                      I would love it to be genuine....
                      Hi Halomanuk,

personally, I would love it to be fascinating and believable.
                      But I find it boring and unbelievable.

Amitiés,
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

Thanks for this unintended slice of hilarity, smez.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        your welcome Caz, i know my mind occasionaly takes a trip to left field but maybe the trip was intentional.

Comment

Working...
                        X