Why face mutilations on last 2 victims only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why face mutilations on last 2 victims only

you only have to look at EDDOWES/KELLY to recognise the moster in him...but which monster we dont know........ the earlier 3 victims are different because maybe he was less experienced... not sure......but what you dont see with the first 3 are the face mutilations, which for him in his last 2 murders; is a different side of his personality shining through, this is quite interesting, why did he start mutilating the faces but not Annie Chapman, bruises yes; but no mutilations.....

i dont think we can use the ``not enough time to mutilate the face `` theory with Chapman, because he didn't have much time with EDDOWES either, yet he still did, this is quite interesting.

Well it seems to me that there are a few possible answers to this Question.
    Here are a couple.
    1. As his age escalated so did the level of the mutilations. Maybe he wasn't driven to mutilate Polly or Annie.
    2. Maybe he did know the last 2 and so it was more personal.
    I personally would go for the first. I think that its just the fact that his rage is increasing and it is taking more and more destruction to actually get the release that he needs.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

It could also be that the killer was feeling more confident.

Comment

sorry this is a repeat thread, please post on this one only, the moderators should delete the other one, it's been a long day today and night duty last night.

my guess is it's an escallation in evil, but surely this level of evil would've been there from the start, after all; it's only a few months later, maybe it's something they said to him, but according to what we know; Mary only said ``oh murder``... mind you, they could've been talking first, but not if he broke in!

serial killers go through a learning curve, they get more daring, more confident, more egotistical, they vary their M.O.......uum

why if he was after organs only/ a blood sacrafice at a certain location etc etc, did he mutilate the last 2 victims' faces.

this reveals hatred/severe mental disturbance..... but not insanity, otherwise he wouldn't have been so street wise and his victims would've sussed him out quickly, but it could be the onset of insanity, in its early stages!

we have quite an increase in overall revulsion from Annie Chapman to Eddowes and finally Kelly.....Stride? no i'm not sure about her, because this is not a HUTCH thread, i'm back to BS again.........was the Ripper going insane, because if you remove Stride, it looks like it

was he looking for a victim to kill indoors, because his sickness was increasing, or because he was simply escallating in evil.
        Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-08-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
          Well it seems to me that there are a few possible answers to this Question.
          Here are a couple.
          1. As his age escalated so did the level of the mutilations. Maybe he wasn't driven to mutilate Polly or Annie.
          2. Maybe he did know the last 2 and so it was more personal.
          I personally would go for the first. I think that its just the fact that his rage is increasing and it is taking more and more destruction to actually get the release that he needs.
          Could not agree more!

Comment

was he looking for a victim to kill indoors, because his sickness was increasing, or because he was simply escallating in evil.

what about an escallation in pure rage, that needed a release, but rage is much more violent, it's a crazed vicious knife attack, a stake rammed up inside the victim, a hammer smashed through the skull etc, this was Peter Sutcliffe, he attacked them from behind in a rage. ......BUT NO, the Ripper cut their throats after chatting them up first, waited patiently while they bled out and then cut at their faces ( last 2) , he did not reflect the Yorkshire Ripper at all.

now Kelly's face was a bit like a rage yes, that is true; but what we dont see is a sickening attack first to the other victims, but we do see evidence of punches being thrown etc etc, bruises to the neck.........YES OF COURSE, the victims were fighting back, so he had to get violent, but was this his choice....... or was it to kill efficiently and cold, yet as time passed he became more disturbed and revealed much more emmotion.......you see the victim gutted, yes but he was after organs too, but you dont see the guts thrown up against the fence, hanging off the fence or tossed over his shoulder.....you see them placed carefully around the body..

i think the Ripper was in control all the time, but his level of insanity increased when he saw the victims dead....because up to the point of the victims' death, all the murders look very similar....even KELLY, the butchery/savagry only escallated after death.... after he's been watching them die, what the hell was going on his head that caused this. no idea but it's very interesting indeed.
            Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post

what about an escallation in pure rage, that needed a release, but rage is much more violent, it's a crazed vicious knife attack, a stake rammed up inside the victim, a hammer smashed through the skull etc, this was Peter Sutcliffe, he attacked them from behind in a rage. ......BUT NO, the Ripper cut their throats after chatting them up first, waited patiently while they bled out and then cut at their faces ( last 2) , he did not reflect the Yorkshire Ripper at all.

now Kelly's face was a bit like a rage yes, that is true; but what we dont see is a sickening attack first to the other victims, but we do see evidence of punches being thrown etc etc, bruises to the neck.........YES OF COURSE, the victims were fighting back, so he had to get violent, but was this his choice....... or was it to kill efficiently and cold, yet as time passed he became more disturbed and revealed much more emmotion.......you see the victim gutted, yes but he was after organs too, but you dont see the guts thrown up against the fence, hanging off the fence or tossed over his shoulder.....you see them placed carefully around the body..

i think the Ripper was in control all the time, but his level of insanity increased when he saw the victims dead....because up to the point of the victims' death, all the murders look very similar....even KELLY, the butchery only escallated after death.... after he's been watching them die, what the hell was going on his head that caused this. no idea but it's very interesting indeed.
              I think the only time the Riper was in control was after the murder. He was careful/ in control enough not to be seen with incriminating evidence. Although it is arguable that to kill the victims without them being heard would have taken a deal of control.

I do agree with the theory that the ripper seemed to be in some sort of condition where he was getting increasingly frustrated with each murder.

Comment

Consider that he was looking for someone to murder indoors because it was getting colder outside.

Consider that he mutilated the faces of the last two victims because he'd only just thought of it.
                Mags

Comment

Wasn't they supposed to be the prettiest ones? We know Mary Kelly was meant to be attractive before Jack got to her, and I remember reading somewhere that Catherine was deemed pretty by someone too.

I doubt that's why Jack mutilated their faces, but you never know. Maybe they reminded him of someone he didn't like. Or maybe, and most likely, that he just got a bit experimental with his career.

Comment

yes, he escaped detection afterwards, so he was obviously in control of his thoughts then, so i have to modify my theory; it's surprisingly easy to miss stuff like this, maybe he was able to snap out of it quickly as he walked off.

there is strong proof of this anyway.....the Ghoulston st graffiti/ piece of bloody cloth, it's not insanity is it, total sanity; he knew what he was doing... damn it, it's just a twisted mind that's escallating in horror.... he's moving onto another level, but why he stopped killing is anyone's guess.

this doesn't make sense, why if this evil is intensifying did he stop, serial killers do indeed stop for long periods, but they start up again either in another location or close by with a switch of M.O....or the same M.O whatever suits him, was he caught and locked up for something else, or executed for a similar crime, or did he leave the area.

W.Bury.........no surely not, but he is a good match for Blotchy face in height and general build...... it'll be maybe somebody like him, similar imbecilic rough neck character and sullen aggressive attitude too, DEFINITELY rather than a Tumblety.... it could even be G.Chapman, he's one suspicious looking bastard, the coicidences are very spooky with him, i'm only thinking out aloud right now; i'm all alone with my thoughts! ........ what i'm thinking doesn't mean that much.

Comment

I think it's best to leave suspects (especially the top ones) out of it. Unless any of them were known to be or seen in the area on the night of one of the murders, there's hardly any proof of their having been the Ripper. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
                        Or maybe, and most likely, that he just got a bit experimental with his career.
                        yes, i'm glad nobody is mentioning insanity........

Comment

I think it's best to leave suspects (especially the top ones) out of it. Unless any of them were known to be or seen in the area on the night of one of the murders, there's hardly any proof of their having been the Ripper. At all.
                          yes i know, i was only thinking out aloud... and i doubt W.Bury was even in London, wolverhampton or somewhere like that
                          Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-08-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Wasn't they supposed to be the prettiest ones? We know Mary Kelly was meant to be attractive before Jack got to her, and I remember reading somewhere that Catherine was deemed pretty by someone too.
                            I have posted on that theory a couple of times, so it might be me you're remembering. I pointed out that Kelly, though probably considered average looking by today's standards, was considered very pretty by those of the LVP, and that Eddowes was aging but one could tell that she'd been quite attractive in her younger years. In fact if one wants to see a fairly close approximation of Catherine Eddowe's facial features sans the mutilations, check out the photos of her descendants in "The Victims of Jack the Ripper" by Neal Stubbings Shelden.

The theory is that the Ripper hated women and did not like to think of them as being beautiful, so if a victim had a pretty face he couldn't stand to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                              I have posted on that theory a couple of times, so it might be me you're remembering. I pointed out that Kelly, though probably considered average looking by today's standards, was considered very pretty by those of the LVP, and that Eddowes was aging but one could tell that she'd been quite attractive in her younger years. In fact if one wants to see a fairly close approximation of Catherine Eddowe's facial features sans the mutilations, check out the photos of her descendants in "The Victims of Jack the Ripper" by Neal Stubbings Shelden.

The theory is that the Ripper hated women and did not like to think of them as being beautiful, so if a victim had a pretty face he couldn't stand to look at it.
                              Hmm. That is a possibility. However, I would suggest that if he had a fixation with beautiful women, The Ripper probably would have targeted exclusively more attractive targets.

The idea that The Ripper was becoming increasingly savage either from confidence over time or because he wanted more of a "thrill" seems most likely.
                              "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
                              X