Definitely canonical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely canonical

Reading a Sam Flynn's dissertation about Catharine Eddowes' wounds (http://www.casebook.org/dissertation...r-design.html), I found what I consider the ultimate proof that MJK is a ripper victim.
    Here is the relevant part of the dissertation:

"There is an important and telling factor (previously overlooked, to my knowledge) linking the murders of Catherine Eddowes and Polly Nichols, which differs from the murders of Annie Chapman and Mary Kelly. The factor in question is the method by which the killer gained access to the abdomen. A careful reading of the medical and police testimony reveals that Eddowes and Nichols abdomens were attacked by means a single vertical cut, those of Chapman and Kelly were accessed by means of 3 detached flaps of flesh.
    Kelly: 'The flesh of the abdomen was removed in 3 large flaps'
    Chapman: 'A flap of flesh from the abdomen was found over the right shoulder...Two other flaps were placed above the left shoulder in a large pool of blood'"

Bearing in mind that Annie Chapman is our "benchmark", and that her wounds were not described with precision at the inquest (and even the Lancet ignores these flaps), Mary Kelly can't have been killed by a copycat.

Amitiés, and thanks to Sam,
    David

edit: https://www.casebook.org/dissertatio...or-design.html
    edit 2: impossible to put the link correctly...I give up!
    Last edited by DVV; 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM.

Yep, David - the flaps and the nothches to the vertebrae are our best bet here, and I agree totally. By the way: Mitch Rowe has spoken up for the corresponding damages on other threads, so it has been touched on.

All the best, David!
    Fisherman

Comment

Thanks Fish,
      and apologies to Mitch...I admit I'm not fully in it these times...

Amitiés mon cher,
      David

Comment

I don´t think Mitch will mind - he will probably be only to happy to see people catching on. And it´s been a while since he wrote about it!

The best,
        Fisherman

Comment

Hi David and Fisherman

Its always healthy to discuss this piece of medical evidence from Dr Phillips connecting the Chapman and Kelly murders.

Comment

Hi David,

I believe I participated in a thread that the skin flaps were discussed by Sam and a member at the time who went by Leather Apron...who might be Mitch now for all I know.

I agree it is an uncommon thing to see in evidence.

I dont agree that its a smoking gun. In fact it could have been done by someone who knew it had been done before.

Best regards David.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I believe one of the foundations for questioning Marys inclusion is a possibility that her killer attempted to replicate a scene he had heard or read about, trying to present the murder as one that Jack the Ripper committed.

In that context, the fact that knowledge of Annies skin flaps was in the public domain long before Marys murder might just assist that argument. That the skin flaps were there at all might mean the inverse to your conclusion....that they were present suggests the killer did that because he knew that had been done previously in a Ripper attributed murder.

Cheers David

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                In fact it could have been done by someone who knew it had been done before.
                Hi Mike,
                not very likely - to say the least...
                Someone reading the papers would think that these flaps of flesh are just part of the butchery. Phillips never said it was the way Chapman's murderer gained access to the organs.
                And MK's murder occured 2 months after Chapman's.

Amitiés mon cher,
                David

Comment

Hello Michael

As noted by David, the Ripper didn`t follow this method when he cut Eddowes open. As observed by Sam, the possible reason panels were cut out of Chapman and Kelly was due to the fact that the killer had visibility and could see what he was doing. The skip in this methodology weighs heavily against a copycat killer.

Comment

A careful reading of the medical and police testimony reveals...those of Chapman and Kelly were accessed by means of 3 detached flaps of flesh.
                    Kelly: 'The flesh of the abdomen was removed in 3 large flaps'
                    Chapman: 'A flap of flesh from the abdomen was found over the right shoulder...Two other flaps were placed above the left shoulder in a large pool of blood'"
                    In actual fact Chapman's abdomen was accessed by removing four flaps of the belly wall, not three. Three are mentioned in situ, the fourth, with the navel, was taken away by the killer. This may or may not indicate some interest to the killer, especially when one considers that the navel was left on a flap of skin when the long cut to Eddowes abdomen was made.

Wolf.

Comment

hi guys

this is so similar to the Eddowes murder, it's just far more repulsive because he's indoors; plus has much more time, the cuts to her face reflect far more anger, he's trying to wipe out her identity plus also her Womanhood.... he's reduced her to a carcass.......... NOW WHY?

1 maybe because she was young and attractive and this he hated

2 maybe because she flaunted her sexuality/ flirted with him too much earlier on

3 .MAYBE HE KNEW HER

the toying with his knife, which was once on Eddowe's face, slight nicks here and there.... isn't present anymore, the Ripper was in a different mood, more aggressive, but also; far more imbecilic and crazed too.....but was he?

or is Mary Kelly, simply an indoor version of an Eddowes..i.e there is no way due to time limitation, that he can do that hideous butchery out on the street.... my guess is it's this.

thus we see a variation in his methods, that we normally associate as Ripper traits........ is this a Copycat murder? no, he went in search of a ``heart`` from a younger victim.

this completes his list of victims.... no more RIPPER style murders after this, he either quit or downgraded or switched his M.O.

why kill only 5, why not 6..... why not 2 triangles of 3 victims each, or do the two triangles join at a point, he spilled the blood of each victim, plus also removed organs, he could've collected the blood from ALL VICTIMS... and to finish off his series, he removed and took away her heart.

IS THIS THE OCCULT are these ritualistic murders?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Malcolm X; 03-27-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Malcom,

I think it is simply because he had more time. As for Eddowes, her face was not just nicked. The doctor who performed the autopsy said "the face was very much mutilated." Looking at her photos on Casebook will confirm this. I have no doubt that the Ripper would have killed Kate in the same manner as he did Mary if he had had more time.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                          3 .MAYBE HE KNEW HER

IS THIS THE OCCULT are these ritualistic murders?
                          Hi Malcolm,
                          my take is that he knew her, yes.

Ritualistic murders?
                          Certainly not.
                          And this speculation is a bit off-thread, isn't it?

Amitiés,
                          David

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                            I think it is simply because he had more time. As for Eddowes, her face was not just nicked. The doctor who performed the autopsy said "the face was very much mutilated." Looking at her photos on Casebook will confirm this. I have no doubt that the Ripper would have killed Kate in the same manner as he did Mary if he had had more time.

c.d.
                            Hi cd,
                            Almost agreed, except that he took Kate's womb with him, while he stole Mary's heart.

Amitiés,
                            David

Comment

Whitechapel = the church of Mary Matfelon ( maternity) the last victim was called MARY, who was a young fertile woman and a very strong symbol of maternity.... her heart was ripped out.... now look at her pose on the bed, where have i and you seen this before..... i'll give you a clue, think of Egypt

``the jewes are the men who will be blamed for everything``... yes exactly!

i will tell you no more yet... i have to keep this a secret, because this could be pure coincidence only... but look at those two triangles

and this is also as you've said... not the right thread

Comment

Working...
                              X