The Ten bells location in From Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ten bells location in From Hell

This may have been raised here before but I can't find it in search. Does anyone know what location was used for the Ten Bells pub in From Hell?
    www.rehanqayoompoet.blogspot.com

Wickerman,

I believe that the Ten Bells pub, along with a number of other locations in the film were part of a huge film set built somewhere outside of Prague in the Czech Republic. The lower half of Christ Church was built along side the Ten Bells, with the upper half being added in as CGI later.

There's a guided tour of the set on the second disc of the From Hell DVD, which shows how geographically inaccurate it was. (Dorset Street, Mitre Square etc all within a few feet of each other!)

Regards
    Andrew

Comment

I think that opening shot...walking down that alley coming out in front of The Ten Bells with the whole street in motion was one of the finest moments in the movie....I do think that sequence captures what my imagination tells me the streets might have been like at the time. The guy urinating just outside the pub in the alley, sex, hawkers and street women...its stereotypes more than realism...but what the hell. It works.

Cheers.

Comment

It was a very geographically inaccurate set, but then again, accurately rebuilding the entire area of the Ripper murders would have been cost-prohibitive and really rather pointless for their purposes. I'm sure if someone really knew the area and watched closely, they could spot "issues", but to casually watch it, you can't really tell how close they built things to each other that were really much farther apart.

Overall, from what they show on the DVD features, it was a pretty neat set. And yes, I do believe that it was somewhere around Prague.
        ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
          www.rehanqayoompoet.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X