Time Reveals All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Reveals All

Could have been anything on that coat of arms. ANYTHING. ..It's like Maybrick himself was in on this 'hoax'.

As many times as I have looked at the death scene photos of MJK (yes, I know I need to get a life), I can't see an M on the wall behind her bed. And 'time conquers all' works in very well with the watch, don't you think? You know, I don't personally believe the diary is anything but a hoax. I certainly respect the peoeple who have invested time and money to try to prove that's it's the real deal.

What I'd really like to know are 3 things.Who did it, when did they do it, how did they do it. No, 4 things. Why did they do it. No, 5 things. Why did they pick on Maybrick?

Damn, no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
    http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Just as soon as it was pointed out to me I saw it right away. Clear as day it was. I don't get why some people can't see it. Makes me wonder how the hoaxer saw it in the first place if it's so hard for many people to see.

I think tempus omnia revelat also means time reveals all things, so it fits perfectly with the diary, as well as the watch.

Comment

Well ,you obviously think the diary is a hoax. I don't think you'll get too many people here disagreeing with you.

But seriously, why choose Maybrick? I guess easy answer, because he died. I guess easy answer because Florrie's murder case was a famous one at the time. But jeez. Why? I guess money. But who has made money out of the diary? The publishers I guess. Shirley Harrison I guess. But they didn't make the diary up.

I don't know. It's a really interesting part of the Jack, um, what shall I say, aura? hype? Not sure.

Anyway, what I am sure of is that James Maybrick was not Jack.

Comment

No i'm just going along with yous lot so's not to make myself look a complete idiot. Remember the Hitler diaries?

Comment

You're not an idiot. And if you really think the diary is legit then bring it on. I can only speak for me but I'm happy to read your thoughts.

Comment

Oh the ridicule. I darcent. People will do this to me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cotty View Post
                Oh the ridicule. I darcent. People will do this to me.
                Didn't he do that 40 years ago on MASH? Look the posters on here are supportive. Don't feel threatened or anything like that. We all have to jump in the deep end some time. Keep posting.

Comment

Didn't the bloke who presented the 'diary' to the world say why he chose Maybrick (in his admission that he and his wife cooked it up which was then retracted by his solicitor)? Sounds quite plausible to me. I mean, its not as if Maybrick was a nobody, is it? He died in suspicious circumstances and his wife was the subject of a murder trial. It would have been easy to find out about Maybrick without too much trouble. The more I consider the diary, the more I conclude that it's utter rubbish. I wonder at its apparent power to confuse and bemuse for so long. I'm certainly intrigued enough to want to prove its utter falseness beyond doubt - the Poste House business being a good start - I'm off to find some London directories!

But, even though I can't see how it can be genuine, I'm more than happy to hear any evidence to the contrary

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                    Didn't the bloke who presented the 'diary' to the world say why he chose Maybrick (in his admission that he and his wife cooked it up which was then retracted by his solicitor)? Sounds quite plausible to me. I mean, its not as if Maybrick was a nobody, is it? He died in suspicious circumstances and his wife was the subject of a murder trial. It would have been easy to find out about Maybrick without too much trouble. The more I consider the diary, the more I conclude that it's utter rubbish. I wonder at its apparent power to confuse and bemuse for so long. I'm certainly intrigued enough to want to prove its utter falseness beyond doubt - the Poste House business being a good start - I'm off to find some London directories!

But, even though I can't see how it can be genuine, I'm more than happy to hear any evidence to the contrary
                    Well you won't hear any no's from me. If you find anything interesting please share.

My main interest in this is who 'made' the diary, when did they do it and why Maybrick?

I bought it eagerly when it was published. It was 'the' solution to JTR. I read it and all sorts of thoughts started to run through my brain. Mostly negative because it didn't read true to me, if that makes sense.

Like I said, a lot of people have spent a lot of money to prove that the diary is real and truthful. I don't doubt their integrity or their motives.

Who has made money out of this? I mean real money.

Comment

Who gets the Royalties form the book? They must be worth a bit. I think what you see here must be a conspiracy. I think the watch is in on it as well, frankly, and no, contrary to what I have read about how difficult it would be to age the scratches in the watch I don't actually believe that. Antiquities are faked all the time - there are some very sophisticated forgers out there. I'm not sure it would even have been very hard to do. Did you read my post of yesterday about the New Post Office? That does away with the Liverpool Poste House nonsense once and for all - I will see if I can find any possible alternatives in London, but as far as I can see, if I can prove that to be false, then the whole thing falls to bits. All you need is one certain and incontrovertible error, and that's it.

Comment

Good luck, Crystal.

See if you can make the whole thing fall to bits over the weekend, will you?

We've had seventeen years of incompetent 'experts' fannying around and getting no further forward than the stunning conclusion that the handwriting doesn't match.

But if you think a bit more effort is needed to make the whole thing fall to bits, more power to your elbow.

Nobody else seems to know their arse from theirs.

Love,

Caz
                        X

PS Talking about time revealing all, what's your opinion on the Maybrick signature in the watch? How does it compare with Maybrick's own sig on his marriage licence, and could a hoaxer in 1993 have reasonably scratched the former without ever having seen the latter, or indeed any genuine examples of Maybrick's handwriting? Thanks ever so.
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                          As many times as I have looked at the death scene photos of MJK (yes, I know I need to get a life), I can't see an M on the wall behind her bed.
                          Don't lose any sleep about that, Nothing To See - scores of us can see it, and the 'F' too, so keep the faith!

Comment

As I said, it is a matter of faith, not logic, so yes, by all means do keep the faith, if that does it for you. Don't expect the unfaithful to take you seriously, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                              As I said, it is a matter of faith, not logic, so yes, by all means do keep the faith, if that does it for you. Don't expect the unfaithful to take you seriously, though.
                              I don't expect the faithful to take me seriously, Crystal, never mind the unfaithful. The fact that you do (enough to reply to my postings) ceaselessly amazes me and fills me constantly with the renewed will to live a long and happy life submitting postings to this Casebook ...

Comment

Working...
                              X