Jack the Ripper ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper ID

Another suspect I've not heard of... it seems like they keep popping up even after 120 years. Does anyone have any more info on this guy?
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Certainly worth giving his book a read. We can't rule anyone out, can we?

Comment

Silver is the suspect in the book THE FOX AND THE FILES, which has generally been pretty well received.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I have just started reading The Fox and the Flies so will be interested to see the conclusion. Silver was a jewish pyscopath, pimp, violent criminal who ran a pre mafia type empire. He had dealings in Eastern Europe, London and New York.
        Miss Marple

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
          Silver is the suspect in the book THE FOX AND THE FILES
          ... that'd be Charles van Onselen's "The Fox and the Flies".

The "Fox and the Files" - to which GH refers - is (of course) Beatrix Potter's tale of the jail-breaking adventures of Mr Tod.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Ha! Comedy typo.

Yes, JTR was an employee of the National Archives. That's why so much has gone missing.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Philip,

Silver is the suspect in the book THE FOX AND THE FILES, which has generally been pretty well received.

On the whole the book has received good reviews, but the section about JtR has been considered totally unconvincing to the point of foolishness in most quarters. The Times of London review was particularly dismissive in this regard as I recall.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
              X