Frederick Abberline - Inspector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Abberline - Inspector

I've noticed that not many people, if anyone, ever place suspicions against the inspector himself. Is there any particular reasons that it seems virtually impossible that he was the killer? (and don't say "because he was leading the case")
    For every man who says "It was him!" there will always be a man who says "You're wrong."

Just read up about him. To me he exudes the most honesty and sincerity of all the players in the game. He wasnt even on the case until after Pollys death. When confronted with fame he acts the same as before. He doesnt even write an autobiography. Not to mention the numerous honors bestowed upon him.

If Abberline was JTR then we have no hope of ever understanding the criminal mind. Because it would mean JTR spent his whole life helping others except for one little time period where he became one of the worst monsters the world has ever seen.

After saying all that Im sure someone will find something wich proves Abberline is innocent.

EDIT>>> Besides.. Im quite sure his lambchops would have given him away!
    Last edited by Mitch Rowe; 02-27-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

EDIT>>> Besides.. Im quite sure his lambchops would have given him away!

Not to mention his limp (if that is him with a stick in the photo).

Lawende and Schwartz might have said, "hang on a minute" too!
      dustymiller
      aka drstrange

Comment

I do see your points. And they are very good ones. I was just curious as to why his name never seemed to pop up when everyone elses did. I think it was possible that it was him, we'll probably never be able to fully understand the criminal mind anyway because there's so many different killers nowdays and there'll always be something new. I'm not saying it /was/ him. I'm just saying maybe no one should be so easily excluded. And I think he was also involved in the Cleveland Scandels as one of the detectives, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, thankyou for providing some answers there, I always love hearing others beliefs on various parts of the mystery but I guess we'll never know ay. For everyman who says "It was him!" there'll be a man who says "You're wrong."
        For every man who says "It was him!" there will always be a man who says "You're wrong."

Comment

If you believe the movie "From Hell" he was too busy chasing the dragon, and having visions!

If you believe Michael Caine's "Jack the Ripper" he was too busy chasing the bottle!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            If you believe the movie "From Hell" he was too busy chasing the dragon, and having visions!

If you believe Michael Caine's "Jack the Ripper" he was too busy chasing the bottle!
            The movie "Jack the Ripper" starring Michael Caine is played out from Inspector Abberline's point of view so nothing would have been made suspicious looking there anyway. And also, From Hell - starring Johnny Depp, has a fair amount of differences so one of them may have facts mixed around or directors that are extending the plot. I've never seen the end of From Hell though so I don't know if that's the one where Jack gets caught at the end. And I will repeat, I don't believe it /was/ him. I was just curious as to why he was so quickly ruled out. I personally have a few suspects and can't really definitely decide on one. Haha.

Comment

JacknJill writes:

"rom Hell - starring Johnny Depp, has a fair amount of differences so one of them may have facts mixed around"

You can say that again! I actually tried to watch "From Hell" only yesterday, but I could not go through with it - it´s just too silly. My favourite part is when Eddowes´s kidney is displayed, to great dismay among the actors. At that stage of the movie, Eddowes herself is still alive and kicking, waiting for Jack to arrive with his bunch of grapes....
              The actor who does the fiendish, murderous Gull is the same guy who did Bilbo in "The Lord of the Rings" - he was much more credible in that role.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

I have posted these elsewhere on the boards, so won't waste space again, but here is the link to the errors listed in the move "From Hell"

Regards Mike

Comment

As a work of fiction, From Hell is great but if anyone considers it fact, they are more gullible then Knight!!
                  Best regards,
                  Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

The only reason I watched From Hell is because I love Johnny Depp, lol. When I found out it was Jack the Ripper, that was double bonus! Until I saw it. I haven't seen the end, as I said above. Why? Exactly the same reason Fisherman couldn't. Because it was too fiction. I thought at first the only thing would be joining the psychic Lee and Abberline as one character but how wrong I was. Speaking of the grapes - is there any proof of that? I've heard the rumour. There really is one, that wasn't the director mucking around. But I've never heard confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                      I have posted these elsewhere on the boards, so won't waste space again, but here is the link to the errors listed in the move "From Hell"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120681/goofs
                      I had a look and honestly, sometimes you wonder how it's possible to screw up so many times and with such silly mistakes.

Comment

A photo of Abberline?

Comment

Perhaps one, accordind to Donald Rumbelow.
                          You'll find it in "JtR. Scotland yard investigates" (Evans & Rumbelow), p 25.

The caption says:

"This enlarged detail of the Leman Street police station group photograph shows the bowler-hatted, mutton-chopped detective with a stick that Donald Rumbelow feels fits the sketches and descriptions of Inspector Abberline, of whom no photograph has been found thus far."

Amitiés,
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X