If you were Jack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were Jack...

Forgive me if this is in poor taste, but I was wondering what you all would do differently if you were Jack. Just for fun.

Besides the obvious (I hope) answer: not kill anybody.

Myself, I'd have sent the kidney letter to Eddowe's coroner instead of Mr. Lusk with a note saying only "You missed a piece."

Given that he didn't get caught, I'm not sure I'd have done anything different. That aside, if Jack really did write the Goulston St message, then I'd have done a chad saying 'Jack woz ere' instead.

Ally
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism!

Comment

I would've taken Liz Stride to a much more quiet and secluded place.

Comment

This might frighten some readers.

I would have kept killing and had a fine time of it. As many of you know, serial killers don't simply stop unless they die, are arrested or perhaps incapacitated from an injury or bad health. I would probably carve a Chelsea grin on one victim's face and removed her eyelids, then send a note to the police. I have a bad obsessive-compulsive habit of correcting bad spelling, so I won't write the note that way! XD

"So how do you fancy my work this time around? I think she's a sight better with a pretty grin. She squirmed a bit, though."
        "Tread carefully and mind your manners, lass. You shan’t know when I’ll be watching.”
        -- Jack the Ripper, as I portrayed him in a text-based RPG on Gaia Online

Comment

If I were Jack The Ripper and wanted to cause fear among the prostitutes of Whitechapel... I would've attacked a couple more but leave two of them dying but unable to speak. And would definitely have sent a couple of more body parts to some key figures.

LMAO at Jack woz ere. That's a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Fictionnaire View Post
            ... I would've attacked a couple more but leave two of them dying but unable to speak.
            Actually I think he did do that- Frances Coles.

Comment

I would have signed up for an amazing book deal and got in first..

Comment

I think, taking my cue from a joke in "Ripping Yarns," I'd have pinned little messages on each victim, for the police to find, e.g. "This killing is a protest against postage stamps going up a penny" or "This murder is a protest against my team losing on Saturday" or even "This killing is for no reason. Can you think of one?"

Comment

Hmmm

If I were JTR, what would I have done different? Intriguing proposition.

I believe instead of sending the letter to Lusk I would have sent 2 separate letters, both similar in nature, but tailored for each specific person. I would have then divided the partial kidney between the 2 letters. Both would need to be mailed on the same day to get the desired effect.

The first letter would go to Detective Inspector Edmund Reid.

"Dear Inspector... Constable,

I find it rather troubling that a man such as yourself, should require outside help. Frederick Abberline, Henry Moore, and Walter Andrews, do you really welcome their assistance? surely there must be some resentment. I was capable of cleaning these streets all by myself, yet you, as well those others, are no where near finding me. In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I decided to send you a gift. Use it wisely as I shant send another.

Yours Truly,
                  Jack the Ripper

P.S, it went down well with a couple of pints. Like a fine steak.

Second letter would be addressed to Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Charles Warren

"Dear Boss,

Perhaps you were a tad bit hasty in your appointment of Chief Inspector Donald Swanson. Surely you must regret that decision. Ah yes, your man, Robert Anderson, wasn't available. Dreadfully sorry about the whole mess. Per chance I may be persuaded to give Mr Anderson a sporting chance. See to it that he receives this partial I have sent you.

Yours truly,
                  Jack the Ripper

P.S, do be a good boy and stifle that curiosity. I'd hate to see you fowl up again.

I would have then found a way to obtain one of the various other letters sent in claiming to be JTR. I would have then left said letter with my next victim. Possibly in a new unmailed envelope. Perhaps addressed to Donald Swanson. Said letter would be placed in the victims hand.

"They should enjoy this"

Comment

I am writing a story from Jack the Rippers pov, I am calling him Edward Francis. It is only in it's early days (called Ripper) but the way I saw Jack was he descended into madness kind of a schizophrenia with a voice in his head that controlled him and made him murder the women.

ps I am new!

Comment

I would have written

TO BE CONTINUED
                      - Jack

in large, blood-red letters on the wall of Mary Kelly’s room. Just to get on everybody’s nerves.

Comment

I would of made a coded letter and place it in one of the victim's mouths.The letter would contain the name and adress of some official. I would of sent more body parts to police and officials and maybe an item of their clothing.
                        As you can see, I am real creep!

Comment

I would have walked down the street juggling Eddowes' organs.

"Ere gov, who's laughin' naarr".

Comment

Why do anything different?
                            I got away scott free.

Comment

Working...
                            X