Masons temples around Piccadilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masons temples around Piccadilly

In the appendixes in Alan Moore's From Hell, it mentions that there was once a freemason's temple underneath piccadilly and that there has been a network of small temples around Piccadilly. Alan Moore claims that he read about this in London under London by Hillman and Ellis, but i cannot find it in there. I have found some stuff on the web. Can anyone help me or give me any pointers as to where I might find any info about the temples around Piccadilly? Thanks.

Well.......Fortnum & Mason is at Piccadilly and Duke Street. That any help?

Comment

freemasons temples under Piccadilly

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Well.......Fortnum & Mason is at Piccadilly and Duke Street. That any help?
      Hi Grave Maurice, thanks for the response. I have since discovered that there was a ason's temple directly under Piccadilly Circus, which functioned as a courtroom and several other locations. Have a look at this link -

I also cut and paste this from Maybe Logic Forums -

10 Duke Street, St James London SW1 where there is a plaque that says "The Supreme Council, Ring Once" but it is
      easier to call them on 0171 930 1606.

86 St James Street SW1 is the Worshipful Society of Free masons.

Under the lights of Piccadilly Circus there is a Masonic courtroom that had it's entrance via the Criterion restaurant (this
      entrance has now changed to another secret one) you only end up here if you reveal any of their secrets!.

The top floors of Lilywhites store, Regent Palace Hotel, Trocadero and even the HMV store there are abandoned Victorian temples.

There is a temple in the basement of the Cafe Royal that has its entrance in the cloakroom!

Not to mention the temple right in the heart of government itself - hidden in the Houses of Parliament!

The secret temple in the Café Royal now functions as The Elysium

MLA Forum - Maybe Logic Academy fireboard Forum Component version: 1.0.2 Generated: 12 February, 2009, 23:101233641693_%7

Comment

Good for you, Pablito, you've uncovered some interesting information. Keep digging. In truth, the only Masonic site I ever stumbled across in central London was that honkin' big hall on Great Queen Street---and that's a fair distance from Piccadilly.

Comment

Masonic temples in piccadilly

Yeah, I've been there, they didn't tell me a thing about the courtroom though, not surprisingly. I am actually writing a book about all this stuff. I'll be going to Piccadilly this Saturday to take girlfriend out for valentines so i'll have a poke around... although i don't think she'll appreciate it if I drag her around all these sites looking for temples!! And the landlords might call the rozzers if i try to sneak in to any of these temples, anyway!!

Comment

Working...
          X