Making Organized/Disorganized Paradigm Useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Organized/Disorganized Paradigm Useful

I would like to see organized and disorganized thought of as opposite and extreme terminals of a spectrum. I think this is more realistic than thinking of them as two separate and distinct boxes in which to put people.

Arbitrarily, you could think of a totally disorganized person such as mister Li as -10. A completely organized killer like Bundy would be a +10. A zero would mean half organized and half disorganized.

I would call Kim DeGelder a -9 and JTR a -7. Dennis Rader for me would be a +7. Zodiac would have to rate a +9 as he's never been caught.

For such a scale or spectrum to be more meaningful there probably should be a list of criteria to consider. The one that pops into my head first is whether they were caught or not, and how long they managed to continue before being caught. I'm sure there must be other things to consider because the most organized killer can be caught through happenstance and the most disorganized can get away in the same manner.

The value of developing such a scale and assigning various SK's a place on it would be that we could begin to form a better idea of what JTR was like by looking at those who were close to him on the spectrum.

Assignments could be arrived at by taking a poll and then averaging the numbers assigned by different posters for each SK.

But first it is important to have a clear idea about just what "organized" and "disorganized" mean, and from that to develop a list of criteria.
Working...
X