Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Barnett

Hi,
    I have started this thread, as Josephs brother is very rarely mentioned on casebook.
    As the intrest in Joseph Fleming has escalated recently, and George Hutchinson has never really gone away, we should note that another resident at the 'Victoria home' during the period of the murders was Daniel Barnett.
    We can not be sure that the latter knew of, or was aware that two of the inmates associated with his common law sister-in-law, one of them almost certainly intimately, but it is entirely possible that he was aware of Flemings involvement.
    It again is entirely possible that if this was the case, Fleming could have fed him a few juicy truths about his brothers partner, and he may well have not been pleased with his brothers girlfriends morals.
    Obviously this has to be speculation, but it has been stated that MJK was seen with Dan a few hours before her death, also it is not beyond possibility that she taunted him if he asked her about her relationship with Fleming.
    I am not suggesting that Dan was JTR, but it is conceivable that he may killed her in a fit of temper, then panicked, and in desperation hid any possible involvement by attempting to copy the work of 'Jack'
    I leave you with what many will say a' silly speculative post ', with one postscript.
    Allegedly from the mouth of Joseph Barnett many years after the murders from Paul Harrisons informant 'I always felt sorry for her killer[ marys] as he could never come forward for fear of being topped'.
    A strange statement indeed.
    Regards Richard.

Hi Richard,
    the problem here is that neither Joseph Barnett nor Venturney etc mention Fleming as living in Whitechapel.
    Perhaps Fleming did not tell Mary that he lodged in the VH, perhaps Mary knew but didn't tell anybody.
    Perhaps Fleming entered the VH under the alias of... (ok, I keep my mouth shut!)

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

Which name?

Surely the name is 'Flemming' not 'Fleming'?

Comment

Working...
      X