Martha Tabram mortuary photo - enhanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha Tabram mortuary photo - enhanced

As the Kelly photos seemed to be useful I'm posting some work I did on the Tabram mortuary picture
    The "before" and "after" version are below
    Chris
    Attached Files

Thanks Chris. Fine job on this.

Comment

Superb work, as usual, Chris.

Can we discuss something here? I'm in two minds. I have a feeling it's possible we view this image the wrong way and she's actually flat on a board, not upright.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
        ...she's actually flat on a board, not upright.
        I'm absolutely sure that Philip is right, and I've thought so since the first time I saw this photo. All the people who have published it seem to think that we are incapable of turning our heads.

Comment

Hi Philip
          I agree that she seems to be lying horizontal
          I don't see how the folds of the cloth could maintain that shape if she were upright
          Chris

Comment

Im with you Philip,

Her hair falls toward the back of her head as opposed to striaght down.

Then again, maybe rigor mortis has kicked in.

We need Rob Mac here to clarify but Im sure that Ive read (or it may have been in conversation with Stewart) that the Met victims had their mortuary photos taken in either caskets or on planks of wood whereas the City Police, with Eddowes, had her hooked up against the wall. This mainly to show the extent of her injuries, and this was the easiest way of doing that.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
              I agree that she seems to be lying horizontal
              Hi Chris

A excellent renovation job there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tabramhugesmall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	655401
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

It would certainly suit her hair as well. The one thing that was counting against it is how her jowl falls. If she's that double-chinned when flat, imagine how portly she would have looked when upright!

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Not that it really makes any difference whatsoever but I believe Martha is lying flat on her back. She appears to be covered with a blanket or tarp which would not remain so tightly about her shoulders were she vertical.

Comment

'The one thing that was counting against it is how her jowl falls. If she's that double-chinned when flat, imagine how portly she would have looked when upright!'

Nice one, George.
                    I would imagine the biggest problem in her life was not her jowls but the fact that she had been stabbed 39 times by a maniac.
                    You are quite portly yourself when upright, are you not?

Comment

Wonderful work on the photo. It is very difficult to see any neck wounds here.

By the way, Chris, you have a wonderful voice to listen to on Rippercast. It's a delight to hear you.
                      Best,

LV

Comment

Nice work!

Is that a sealed wound on her throat? Dark line, just above the cloth? Might be something else, but not on a computer, so can't get too good a look.

Comment

Hair not Dissarranged

I am fond of wearing my waist length hair up. So I think I can speak with some authority about this. Martha must have been overpowered and killed very rapidly. Unless someone at the mortuary redid her hair. It is still pinned up. No straggling strands, not one lock pulled out of place. Not much of a struggle I would say.

Comment

And there isnt a mark on her face? It dont make sense?? If Martha was killed because she stole money it must have been a hefty sum because if it were for revenge it must have been planned. If not planned then we should see signs of an argument and a struggle I would expect the guy to try to get his money back first. In the worst case scenario the guy just walks up to her and says "Youve stolen my money for the last time you fat cow." and then stabs her in the heart. Even then Marthas body falls. The people must have heard or seen something. It seems like they are lying.

Comment

Mitch,

Who said anything about Martha stealing money? You seem to have made an assumption and now wonder why the photo doesn't match your assumption.

In any case, if what we were told by Perly Poll has any basis in fact, she had been drinking immoderately that night. Further, she had one serious sub-cranial head injury that may have rendered her semi-concious if not fully unconscious so a lack of a struggle or defensive wounds may well be understandable.

Don.
                              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
                              X