No announcement yet.

patricia cornwell or sophie herfort ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patricia cornwell or sophie herfort ???

I have one question for you :

Do you like preffer patricia cornwell which make a serious investigating reserch but finds the wrong suspect in despite scientific material she has used ??? Or do you like best madame sophie herfort that has written a good novel with full suspense and good imagination that i really like to read ???

But i just regret much that suspect of the both was wrong
    patricia cornwell
    52.17%
    sophie herfort
    47.83%

I have to go with Cornwell because her book has been printed in a language I'm able to read. When Mme (or Mlle) Herfort publishes an English edition, i may feel otherwise.

B.
    Bailey
    Wellington, New Zealand
    hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
    www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Comment comment ??? I still want to know the result more for your prefferred writers of blody novels !!!! Comment ? Comment please car I dont do think only not much of you have voted stillyet for now. Me I have voted for that superbe novelist you know what no ? Me it is my vote for that of Sophie herfort

Comment

Isn't this like asking if you like Saddam Hussein better than Osama Bin Laden?

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Lionel,

I can't vote here. Sophie's book is not out in English yet, is it? We can't vote on a book we haven't read yet. You need to put this poll off until we've had a chance to read Sophie's book.

As for Cornwell, her book was a bit too rambling for my taste, but I did enjoy reading it, even if she was wrong.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
            Lionel,

I can't vote here. Sophie's book is not out in English yet, is it? We can't vote on a book we haven't read yet. You need to put this poll off until we've had a chance to read Sophie's book.

As for Cornwell, her book was a bit too rambling for my taste, but I did enjoy reading it, even if she was wrong.
            But yes of course that you can : look out 3 people have vote for sophie already ( 2 plus my own vote of mine ) that mean that people which have not read her book in english does vote all right for sophie !!! Who other than me do you think are the 2 others persons that have vote for him ?

Comment

How do we know that other TWO voters are not either French speakers or indeed French?!?

As to 'The Poll'.....
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

No chance of a vote in the US..so this will have to do!

Hiya Lionel,

Dear oh dear,eight people voted eh?...don't think there's any danger of a recount at this stage.Oh..go on then...I'll have a vote...hmmm difficult choice....the old PC herself,rather like a mascot on these boards...or one of our "friends" the other side of the tunnel...

Seeing as it's you Lionel....I shall vote for your mate Sophie..or shall I show Pat a bit of support...hmmm...Sophie or Pat....Sophie or Pat..

Mind you,Pat hasn't been too nice to us Ripperologists in the past..

Ok.I've decided....and I will cast my vote..

I would like it known that I am not flirting with the new boy by replying to his little quiz thingy....nor do I want to be shot,thank you Robert.

ANNA.
                Last edited by anna; 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Oooooooooooh Anna!!
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I'm still not voting. I think people could chose Pat over Sophie because Pat hasn't shown up here trying to provoke people.

I'm not saying that you are trying to do that, Lionel. It's just that in the past others have done so. Sophie herself appeared here under another name, and, when I asked her if she was Sophie, she told me she was not. Only a day later did I find out that she was Sophie.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Pat's doing well.....

6 to 4......
                      Last edited by anna; 11-07-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                        Pat's doing well.....

6 to 4......
                        You changed it! I was just about to reply to the other one and--- BOOM!---it went away!

Yes, I think that it's a somewhat dramatic shift in pronouns.

Comment

I must admit I really enjoyed Ms. Cornwell's mystery novels. They were favorites of mine. Then I had the misfortune of reading her JTR book, which caused me to really question her reasoning abilities in untangling a murder mystery. She should keep to the facts and fantasies of her own making of which she already knows the answers.
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing something someone says you can't.

Comment

Yes I did!!!

Think of the replies I might have encouraged,Cel!!!!

Comment

Hey Anna,

I do it allllll the time! It's just funny because I caught you right in the middle of changing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X