The Gay slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gay slayer

I watched a documentary today "serial killer on camera"...about Colin Ireland the guy who killed 5 gay men few years ago,also known as "the fairy liquidator"..god knows who makes these names up.He sounded quite normal,looked quite normal in the partial interviews they showed,I wouldnt have thought he was that kind of individual,but he was......One thing I thought was almost funny in a black humour ish kind of way....was an incident in his childhood.....apparently his father had long ago vanuished from the family life....but Colin Ireland went to school one day, came home to find his mother had moved and not ltold him....amazing how some people act..unbelievable.........similar thing happened to gary gilmore as a child ...family went on holiday ,the father stopped the car at humboldt,the kids and mother got out to stretch their legs and the father drove off and they didnt see him no more for 10 years....its awful ......but as i say funny in a sick way .

the fairy liquidator?

easily the funniest serial killer nickname ever
    if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Ireland would probably have been able to plead not guilty and get away with it if the fairy liquid(ator) had washed away the single fingerprint he left at one murder scene after meticulously removing every other trace of his presence.

Very interesting documentary.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Joel
        Yeah some name! Some real sadism employed too.applying a cigarrette lighter to his victims testicles was one of his "tricks".pretty ghastly stuff!
        Interesting play on words Caz,rather humourous...I wish Id have thought of it first
        regards

Comment

Hi Dougie,

No credit to me I'm afraid. I just assumed the famous brand of washing up liquid was all part of the punny little joke name dreamed up for Ireland.

Did you know he kept a pet in a bottle? It was his wild green furry-lipped squid.

Love,

Caz
          X

Comment

Oh i remember now..he got extra angry when he found out that some of the men had HIV and stuffed condoms in their mouth ..is that the same killer ?

Comment

Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
              Oh i remember now..he got extra angry when he found out that some of the men had HIV and stuffed condoms in their mouth ..is that the same killer ?
              Thats him.....It seems the HIV aids thing fair added to his annoyance and I guess the condoms in the mouth was his way of "ramming the point home" (excuse the pun)
              regards

Comment

Yep another of life's nutters - it's not even surprising when these things happen anymore to be honest.

Comment

Yep, the very same.

But I'd be careful to say that he claimed it made him extra angry when he found that out. We don't know he wasn't just trying to make his own horrific behaviour seem somehow more rational, even justified.

Whether Ireland really hated gays, or JtR really hated prossies, or they just believed that society in the main would 'excuse' them for targeting such people, we'll probably never know.

I am always deeply suspicious when anything smacks of self-justification for what is a totally vile and irrational act of violence against someone who hasn't done the killer any personal harm, but whose lifestyle can conveniently be 'blamed' for their appalling fate.

I'm sure such killers comfort themselves with the belief that many bigoted people are secretly thinking they are doing a good job, or even "God's work".

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Last edited by caz; 09-24-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Also at the time the gay community were not on very good terms with the police so information was hard coming forth.

(Just like the working girls and the police in 1888 - swings and roundabouts as they say !!)

Comment

Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
                      Also at the time the gay community were not on very good terms with the police so information was hard coming forth.

(Just like the working girls and the police in 1888 - swings and roundabouts as they say !!)
                      Good point!

Which makes me wonder which social groups will be targeted by serial killers in future, now that fewer gays are having to live secret lives.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

David Wilson's work into the vulnerability of certain groups has made me think about the very same thing.

I think one main group which will fall victim to SKs will be immigrants. It would be easy for a prospective serial killer to advertise a cheap room in an Eastern European newspaper and vet his "clients" before meeting them at the airport and taking them home for some...fun.

Another will be the night-time economy, which Wilson touched on in his 2007 book. Drunk teenagers stumbling home down darkened streets in apathetic neighbourhoods too scared to get involved for fear of victimization by criminals or the police? Easy targets.

Social networking sites also pose a serious risk of being essentially order-out catalogues for serials. You can see your victim, read all about them and even, if you're clever, find out where they live. Then you could use Street View in Google Earth to stake out your killing ground from the comfort of your own home.

Scary, huh?

Comment

Scary but very very true.

Immigrants sounds like a very feasable option.
                          It only takes one to get another persons job or house etc and that could well trigger something.

Comment

Working...
                          X