Emily Dimmock - A Ripper Connection??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily Dimmock - A Ripper Connection??

Does anyone consider any connection between Emily Dimmock's murder and Jack the Ripper? I have been considering whether Dimmock could be a Ripper victim. I know people scoffed when Patricia Cornwall suggested Walter Sickert was the killer but could Dimmock have been slain by Jack?

Thoughts.....

Kind regards

Adam
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Hi Adam,

Her murder does remind me a lot o Kelly but I think it's pretty remote that it was JtR. The time gap would be the biggest reason.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Yes it certainly does remind me of Millers Court and that whole scenario and you are right, the gap is certainly a problem, unless JTR carried on killing after Kelly. But it seems unlikely that Dimmock was a victim as the murder took place in a room and he would have had ample time to do more to the victim.

Regards

Adam
      Best regards,
      Adam

Comment

You guys know about the intended fifth victim who Jack was forced to abandon because cops were heading his way, right?

Well, that tells me he had plenty of time to kill and a strong urge. Was Dimmock as badly mutilated as MJK? If not, then I'd be wary.

Comment

Hi DP.

Dimmock wasn't mutilated in the same way as Kelly but I personally tend not to see less mutilation / differing mutilation / no mutilation as a reason to rule out a possible victim. The only thing I see wrong with Dimmock being a Ripper victim is that as said above, the murder took place in a room, so we can assume that if she was a Ripper victim, he would have had time to carry out a similar killing as MJK. But on the other hand, we could look at it as being he was on edge, thinking that someone may come back or maybe he even heard a noise that spooked him and he ran before he could mutilate the body more. Maybe he did different things to different victims, depending on his mood. lol There are arguments for and against and I think it boils down to the individual and whether they believe the murderer killed beyond MJK or, if you accept her as a Ripper victim, killed beyond Coles. I personally believe the Ripper killed after MJK and believe that he continued to murder for many years after.

Best regards

Adam
          Last edited by Uncle Jack; 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM.
          Best regards,
          Adam

Comment

You guys know about the intended fifth victim who Jack was forced to abandon because cops were heading his way, right?
            Hi again,

which victim was you referring to DP??

Regards

Adam
            Best regards,
            Adam

Comment

robert Wood

Emily,completed nude on the bed, gaping wound in throat, head almost severed.
              The real mystery is did Robert Wood really do it or was he lucky? Saved by the genius of Marshall Hall and public opinion.
              He was a respectable young man who lead a double life frequenting prostitutes.
              Who else but Robert Wood would seek out Emily's postcard album found open in the bedroom with cards torn out as if frantically searching for something? The postcard album was usually kept in the bedside table. The incriminating postcard that Wood sent Emily was found in the lining of a drawer by her live in lover Bertram Shaw.
              Why did Robert Wood persuade Ruby Young an ex girlfriend, a week after the murder to lie for him and provide him with an alibi for the previous monday and wednesday nights.
              He lied about his relationship with Emily, several people made statements about his frequenting the Eagle, and how he had known her for at least 15 months.
              He was devious and consistently lied about everything but because he was a so called 'respectable' young man his word was regarded as more truthful than tarts.
              I have always regarded Robert Wood as very dodgy indeed and lucky to escape a guilty verdict.
              Miss Marple
              Last edited by miss marple; 09-17-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

He certainly does sound devious Miss Marple, and guilty to boot, by the sound of the above facts. I always had an interest in this case because Wood was found not guilty and thought of a possible Ripper connection because if this but it certainly seems to me that Wood is likely the murderer. Another thought - could Wood have tried to make the murder look like a Ripper killing, to throw suspicion off himself?

Kind regards

Adam
                Best regards,
                Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
                  Hi again,

which victim was you referring to DP??

Regards

Adam
                  "...i was goin to hoperate agin close to you ospitle just as i was going to dror mi nife along of er bloomin throte them cusses of coppers spoilt the game..."

The Openshaw Letter, 29 October 1888.

Comment

wood

The ripper was not the only murderer to cut throats, although if Wood did kill her, it was particuarly vicious, a gaping wound almost separating her head, but no other wounds. if it was a copycat, some attempt would have been made at dismemberment. Interestingly Emily's wedding ring and guard were missing, and other bits, gold watch, silver cigarette case, yet two gold ring were left. There was the remains of a meal of two people.
                    He disappeared after the trial and we don't know about his future history. He was just the superficially pleasing type who presented a front hiding darker desires. He may have been a secret serial killer. Or perhaps the murder of Emily was a one off and he panicked, trying to find the incriminating card and leaving the cards in a mess. Then desperate to cover his secret life by lying and getting others to lie.
                    Miss Marple
                    Last edited by miss marple; 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                      The ripper was not the only murderer to cut throats, although if Wood did kill her, it was particuarly vicious, a gaping wound almost separating her head, but no other wounds. if it was a copycat, some attempt would have been made at dismemberment. Interestingly Emily's wedding ring and guard were missing, and other bits, gold watch, silver cigarette case, yet two gold ring were left. There was the remains of a meal of two people.
                      He disappeared after the trial and we don't know about his future history. He was just the superficially pleasing type who presented a front hiding darker desires. He may have been a secret serial killer. Or perhaps the murder of Emily was a one off and he panicked, trying to find the incriminating card and leaving the cards in a mess. Then desperate to cover his secret life by lying and getting others to lie.
                      Miss Marple
                      was nothing ever found out about Woods subsequent life?

Jonathon Goodman quoted a doggerel verse that was recited at the time of the trial...

So you think Bobs a killer?
                      Don't be silly - he just wouldn't,
                      You can say all night that Robert Wood,
                      But I say Robert Woodn't

Comment

Working...
                      X